Had my car keyed -_-

Mek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you I would at least try the T cut blue colorfast scratch remover first before getting another paintjob, it worked really well for my lagoon blue scrape for a fiver from Asda. I've owned my Gen 7 now for 5 months and haven't had any on purpose damage yet but I'm always anxious about leaving it out of sight

If I were you I would at least try the T cut blue colorfast scratch remover first before getting another paintjob, it worked really well for my lagoon blue scrape for a fiver from Asda. I've owned my Gen 7 now for 5 months and haven't had any on purpose damage yet but I'm always anxious about leaving it out of sight

Hi Alex, I picked up some of this on my way home tonight so gonna have a crack at it this weekend. The police are coming out to take a statement on Sunday so weather permitting I'll make a start on it afterwards incase they need to see the damage. I was impressed by the pictures you posted it really looks like it did the business :) any tips for applying it?

Hi Alex, I picked up some of this on my way home tonight so gonna have a crack at it this weekend. The police are coming out to take a statement on Sunday so weather permitting I'll make a start on it afterwards incase they need to see the damage. I was impressed by the pictures you posted it really looks like it did the business :) any tips for applying it?

I just used a soft cloth and rubbed it in in circular motions along the scrape, then let it dry and go back to it later and do the same. After a few times of doing that it kept getting better then eventually you couldn't tell it was scraped at all. I hope it works the same for your scratch as it did for mine

Before:

Rear quarter:

null_zps736675b9.jpg

Door:

null_zps4abc07d2.jpg

After:

Rear quarter:

null_zpsdbce8e50.jpg

Door:

null_zps3d53725e.jpg

Had to stop because it started to rain. As you can see it's made a bigger difference on the door than the rear wing which I kinda expected. It's taken a bit of the whiteness out of the rear quarter but either way it's gonna have to be sprayed in the next month tbh

Before:

Rear quarter:

null_zps736675b9.jpg

Door:

null_zps4abc07d2.jpg

After:

Rear quarter:

null_zpsdbce8e50.jpg

Door:

null_zps3d53725e.jpg

Had to stop because it started to rain. As you can see it's made a bigger difference on the door than the rear wing which I kinda expected. It's taken a bit of the whiteness out of the rear quarter but either way it's gonna have to be sprayed in the next month tbh

How many times did you rub it? I think I done it something like 10 separate times over 3 days until I completely couldn't tell. After the first few times it was like your after picture and got rid of the smaller scrapes and the deeper ones took more rubbing, don't give up with rubbing it yet. I'd hate to see someone have to spend all that money on a respray just because of some yob or even worse for it to happen after the respray. Mine was a scrape from a metal gate which scraped the paint down to the metal of the door so I thought your single deep scratch would be fixable the same way

How many times did you rub it? I think I done it something like 10 separate times over 3 days until I completely couldn't tell. After the first few times it was like your after picture and got rid of the smaller scrapes and the deeper ones took more rubbing, don't give up with rubbing it yet. I'd hate to see someone have to spend all that money on a respray just because of some yob or even worse for it to happen after the respray. Mine was a scrape from a metal gate which scraped the paint down to the metal of the door so I thought your single deep scratch would be fixable the same way

I know mate I'm gonna keep working on it, as said it started raining so I had to stop so I'll keep trying it. Maybe I'm just not that good with polish :D

What did you use to apply it? I bought some new megs microfiber polishing pads which is what I'm using on it

Has no one got a machine polisher over by you that you could have a blast with mate? It would definitely sort out the rear quarter without the need for a respray. Not sure about the door though ...

If you're back around Yorkshire any time soon let me know & i'll lend you mine if you like.

Has no one got a machine polisher over by you that you could have a blast with mate? It would definitely sort out the rear quarter without the need for a respray. Not sure about the door though ...

If you're back around Yorkshire any time soon let me know & i'll lend you mine if you like.

heya mate, im going down to bristol on the 29th of November to visit a friend so i could pick it up on the way back? im stopping off at Cravo's on the way back too

• 3 weeks later...

heya mate, im going down to bristol on the 29th of November to visit a friend so i could pick it up on the way back? im stopping off at Cravo's on the way back too

No worries, drop me a PM closer to the time.

Check this out..... Funny thing is that it is my rear quarter, seems to be a poplar area on the gen 7 :think: lol

I don't even get mad at this stuff anymore, I guess if you have a nice motor that you keep on public roads expect this, It seems to with the territory

To avoid don't clean the car and leave it looking like crap to avoid attention

post-39534-0-98891500-1384639023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jay_28

Check this out..... Funny thing is that it is my rear quarter, seems to be a poplar area on the gen 7 :think: lol

I don't even get mad at this stuff anymore, I guess if you have a nice motor that you keep on public roads expect this, It seems to with the territory

To avoid don't clean the car and leave it looking like crap to avoid attention

For some that isn't an option...

Tbh I'm quite lucky my car has escaped untouched. But. I'd be so annoyed if it happened. I park as far away from people as I can :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.