engine transplant

wide boy

hi guys so iv been looking into swapping out my 140 lump to come to the land of lift :drool: , should have bought 1 in the 1st place i know but insurance was an issue.

anywayyyyy iv been looking on ebay at some lumps all going for around £1000 but only for the engine. now i am aware that im goin to need gear box and other bits and peaces. do i need a interior loom aswell and engine bay loom? what else will i be needing.

my current 140 engine was rebuilt in august 2011 and has only covered 25,000 miles since its full rebuilt i have paper work to show this. what kind of money would i be looking at to get for this or would i be able to some kind of part ex for the full system for a 190 swap? i know se7ens does a conversion for £2000 but from what i remember that includes my lump in exchange aswell. im going to have a pop at it myself with a few like minded friends who r mechanics just been some idea on what im going to need and how muvh this is going to set me back, tango needs a new heart :thumbs:

i was thinkin this myself i spoke to se7ens about it a while back he said he does this with his cars but i dont know if the 140 box will last long with my style of driving i know ill play in lift alot and doing so could put alot of pressure on the 140 box

I have a 2003 conversion kit with 90,000 miles going cheap if you can collect before the end of this month, conversion is no harder than swapping engine

What kind of price would i be looking at for a fully system off u ams? And would there be any chance of a part ex with mine only having done 25,000 miles?

Would a second hand cheap whole car be easier? As will you not need clocks loombs ecu engine and box? Maybe drive shafts, brakes and stuff.

Matt i did look into another car but having somewhere to put it is an issue :(

You doing this yourself or having your wallet lifted by your local garage?

Doobiewassisname has just done one. The guy with the partner that have sweet matching lagoon blues???

ah ha! page 6 on of rsvr boys mod thread.

Edited by daytona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.