Scrapping alloys

Hi

Bit of a stupid question, I have a set of gen 7 standard 16" alloys that had a bit of a bodge refurb done on them the finish was so poor I no longer want to put them on the car and just want rid fast as they are taking up space.

I've never scrapped anything and am not even sure what to look for / where to take them. What should I be searching for, scrap yard? How much should I be expecting for them and will they take them with tyres?

I'm located in the newcastle area if anyone wants a cheap set of 4

you need to take the tyres of ..it was £1 a KG

search for scrap metal merchants,maybe give them a ring..

you also need valves and wheel weight removed..

Edited by Biggy

I took mine to an independent tyre place and made a deal with them that if they took them off for me they could keep the tyres (one of them I had just had fitted to the alloy about 2k miles ago so they could make a profit reselling as part worn) other than that they were wanting to charge me 3 quid a wheel so I got them removed for free

Edited by Mek

i just run a sharp blade around the wall of the tyre leaving the ring with the bead on the wheel then slice the bead with the grinder - job done in a minute tops :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.