engine flush using diesel?

Hi All

I have just been reading on the wikki about flushing the engine using diesel, has or does anyone do this and how good is it compared to using a bottle of Wynn's engine flush, is there anything to be carefull of when doing this?

The only way I would flush an engine is with cheap engine oil, I never use diesel, flushes or anything like that, simply fill with a suitable cheap oil and do regular changes its always worked for me

Martin

First question is why do you want to flush your engine?

If your engine has been looked after as it should there is no need to flush your engine, however if you have recently purchased the car and there is questions over its servicing intervals then by all means give it a flush, but use either a cheap oil or a flushing oil, using diesel is not cleaver or wise in this day in age with modern engines. 50-60 years ago it might of been common practice but I like to think technology has moved on a bit since then, mind you, you wouldn’t of thought so if you should see some of the guys I have to work with lol. Dorris

Just brought the car off a fellow member last week who had done a lot of work to the car so planning to give it an oil change at some point for piece of mind plus i was reading through the knowledge base last night and came across the artical and never heard it done before so wondered if there was any advantage to it like it works better than other methods!!

I always use engine flush as I hardly use my car and bike which is recommend as it prevents the oil clogging up and damaging the engine.

Would not use desiel on the Celica engine engine flushing is ok but never fill it just with a flush always have oil in the car, if its a 140 I would not do it at all due to possible bringing on the oil issue as can take away deposits that have aided in engine not using oil.

If you hardly use your bike or car there is no need to flush the engines, just do an oil change. Oil flushes are something you would do on an engine that has been used a lot but not been serviced regularly. Dorris

Firstly, I would never even dream of running an engine without a substance in the bearings that is designed to lubricate and form a liguid layer between the moving metal bits. Sticking in something thin and watery can only cause rapid wear of the engine.

If the oil is in poor condition then do the next change sooner rather than later. I wouldn't even waste money on 5L of oil for a few miles, use the proper oil (it doesn't cost a vast amount more) and keep it in there until the next change.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.