Alloy wheel refurbishing

I can get £35 per wheel (£40 with tyre in) and that's based on London rates, only thing I can think why it's gonna cost £500 is if the wheels are badly buckled as it cost money to weld etc

where is that at £35 per wheel?

Is that just sanding down and respraying, or a full factory refurb with acid dipping, etc?

But yeah, the most I've seen is £70 per wheel for a full factory refurb (acid dip, etc) from a Jaguar dealership. No idea where £500 comes from unless each wheel is buckled

A friend of mine from the civiclife and his fellow forum members use then

A friend of mine from the civiclife forum and his fellow forum members use them, can't remember the name of the company as I let my friend sort it out for me , can get the details if your interested

That'd be great, I'd definitely be interested... but won't be able to do it at this moment in time.

cheapest I've been able to find so far is £45 per wheel in Kent, and as I live in East London, I'd prefer London purely for convenience.

As I live in a glass house, I need to open the windows first. And I think it would have to be a reasonably small stone, or a big one that would basically just roll down the hill into Woodford, crushing every house it rolled over. But that would not really be a throw.

Cheers for all your advice guys, im going to shop around for someone local and hopefully get a good price!

Im not too bad with a spray can, here's my motorbike wheel I done last week...but thats alot cheaper to replace if it went wrong lol.

20130605_075311_zps5ef5898c.jpg

Anyway guys, what do you reckon would look better, black or anthracite?? Here's my car, albeit a little dirty, if anyone fancies having a go at photoshop? :)

20130605_183953_zps61032371.jpg

They're not buckled at all. That quote was just for refurbing. I was gobsmacked and judging by the prices you guys have been paying rightly so.

The only thing that concerns me is the curbing, one is quite bad, would they just smooth it out?

I would pay anything up to £250 in a heartbeat!

@greyracer - what's the 30% bit? the gloss/shine? I have the same wheels and would love mine to look like that! My car is chilli red and they would look sweet!

Anyone know any places around east midlands?

They place I go to now starts at matt which is zero. Full gloss is 100, so mine are matt +30% towards gloss.

So I went and got some second hand wheels today for a bargain price, they will need some new rubber all around pretty soon, and could do with a light rub back and re-lacquer, which I'm considering doing myself, but I'll try and polish them up a bit first to see what's what.

null_zps9c16bc80.jpg

Anyone got an idea of what it would cost to get them re-lacquered?

Edited by James7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.