checkout richard hammonds review on the 7 gen

I know he is goign on about the interior plastics in the gen 7 and we all know they are crap, but i have been in both a 12 year old gen 7 140 and it had no interior rattles or loose stuff, but the S reg 406 coupe i drove was a banger and i got offered the car for £300 with a years MOT and 6 months tax

If it's spoiler less it has to have a rear valance IMHO!

Not a bad review of the gen7 though, an I agree about the rear end....looking straight on its not the best but if you look of centre down the side o the car the sweeping lines work really well imho

Wow hamsters presentation skills have improved over the years! I thought it was a bit dull really and I can't believe there was no mention of the engine. The high revving nature of the celica is what really makes it a fun car for me. I know looks are subjective and we are biased but the celica has stood the test of time extremely well compared to other cars of the time. I still get lots of admiring looks and comments about the car. Not sure it would be the same for a 406!

I never pay too much attention to the motoring press. They never liked the 190 either, saying it was a chore to drive because all the power was so far up the rev range. That's what I love best about it. You can potter around most of the time in a nice relaxed manner and then give it some lift when you are in the mood. Other people who have been in the car love it too.

As for build quality, you certainly see many more celicas than 406 coupes on the road today.

I really didn't buy this review at all. The two cars were as different as they could be and still be coupes. The boot comparison didn't mention that the Celica is a hatch that would easily swallow Clarkson's festering carcase let alone Hammond's. It's nice to see something Celica based but this was a a bit facile

I really didn't buy this review at all. The two cars were as different as they could be and still be coupes. The boot comparison didn't mention that the Celica is a hatch that would easily swallow Clarkson's festering carcase let alone Hammond's. It's nice to see something Celica based but this was a a bit facile

I thought that with the boot comments but then maybe it was still being able to seat 4 ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.