Anybody fitted anything like this on a Celica?

I've got one on mine mate for my oil temp and pressure sensors.

Now I look at it, mine hasn't got the take off's for an oil cooler, just the extra tappings for the sensors

Edited by princy

I've got one on mine mate for my oil temp and pressure sensors.

Now I look at it, mine hasn't got the take off's for an oil cooler, just the extra tappings for the sensors

you fitted it in the standard place???

I ran one similar to this which allowed me to run oil temp and oil pressure gauges. Just be careful you buy the corrent fitting to hold the sandwhich plate in place. Your's looks like it comes with two, but neither of the ones mine came with were the correct size. I had to buy an extra one to fit mine. The Gen 7 (IIRC) requires as 3/4 UNF male to 3/4 UNF female adapter. Not sure about the Gen 5, you would have to check.

Edited by Serratia

I ran one similar to this which allowed me to run oil temp and oil pressure gauges. Just be careful you buy the corrent fitting to hold the sandwhich plate in place. Your's looks like it comes with two, but neither of the ones mine came with were the correct size. I had to buy an extra one to fit mine. The Gen 7 (IIRC) requires as 3/4 UNF male to 3/4 UNF female adapter. Not sure about the Gen 5, you would have to check.

God this sounds like a minefield :lol: :lol:

My 5 has got a 6 engine in it

Easy way to check mate would just be to find out if the Gen 7 oil filter fits the gen 6 engine then, as that would indicate they gen 6 and gen 7 have the same thread size.

Im sure I found somewhere that all 4, 5, 6 and 7s all use the same filter, although that may of been a dream ~I had :lol:

Im sure I found somewhere that all 4, 5, 6 and 7s all use the same filter, although that may of been a dream ~I had :lol:

I'm sure I read something similar too. Take the chance and get one, but make sure you ask for the adapter I mentioned above. If for any reason it doesnt fit or you change your mind, you could sell it onto the Gen 7 boys :)

I'm sure I read something similar too. Take the chance and get one, but make sure you ask for the adapter I mentioned above. If for any reason it doesnt fit or you change your mind, you could sell it onto the Gen 7 boys :)

yeah they can all use the same filter - pretty much every petrol toyota from 87 on can use the same one - think there are different part numbers but thread and fitment is the same

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.