It's a SAD day.

vvtirob

Hey folks!

So... driving up to Manchester for Miib's Jap Meet, which was a decent turn out. Noticed along the way that the temp gauge read, what I say as, a needle higher than normal. Straight away, I had two things going off in my head... oil, or coolant. I didn't really know ENTIRELY for sure, which it was giving me the message for. Anyway, got to Steve's (Rsvr Boy) gaff, who very kindly put a set of spacers on for me which by the way - look great dude, so thanks very much for that!

Anyhoo, after a perve over his amazing bike, and his guitars - we decided the 3 of us would roll out to Trafford Centre, where on the way, the engine management light lit up and the temp was flashing at the highest point.

After 2 bottles of buxton - it came to our attention, in the middle of all these nice cars... the coolant was p*ssing out all over the place, looks like a hole in the rad. Looooong story short, after the Rentacops and the ACTUAL cops turfing everyone off the car park due to a few speckles of general hooning... the bunch of us were left waiting around for the AA.

The guy turned up, poked a light in the engine bay, kicked the tyre and said - you'll have to upgrade your membership to get it home.

£200, 2.5 hours, one nap, 3 sausage rolls and the ever painful ache in my poor little heart... she's now safely back on my drive and a radiator has been ordered (kindly by my brother, mikecivicvtec on here and on civiclife.net) - and we're going to fit it tomorrow or tuesday - as we're both off on Tuesday, which was meant be a run down south to pick up his new S2000. Guess that's not happening now! Lol! ANYWAY... here's some hilarious pictures. Some of our 3 cars parked up - with my coolant all over the dogshelf, and some of the nice AA man strapping my car up. :(

AA :(

34ql2bs.jpg

11kcvvq.jpg

Edited by vvtirob

here you go mate , i had one of these fitted to mine a week ago and they are good so far :

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

take a look here to whats involved :

http://www.celica-cl...e__hl__pheasant

i checked with ams first but he only had slightly used ones and i prefered a newer one so thats the one i got fitted

Edited by celica1977

Yeah dude - i was shitting myself thinking it would fall off!! Hahaha! Gonna cancel the membership and get a refund minus recovery back to my house. :/ that was 94 quid i think. Paid about 230 quid to the AA today.

Due to the fact that it would have been a 60mile tow. The offer was there for Rob to leave his car at my parents house which was only a couple of miles away and i would have fitted a rad for him if he got one sent to me. It was Robs choice to have the car towed by the aa. We did stay with him after the meet for a couple of hours to make sure that he was sorted. No lack of club spirit here.

Yeah, steve and kris (spell check that mate) were really helpful, even waited around with me until the AA had been! Faaaaaaaar too far away to be towed though, took nearly two hours to get back in the AA van. I didnt notice it though, as had a nap. Lol!

Yeah i would have happily left it too with Steve - instantly trust worthy guy and both were super helpful. I felt i kind of spoiled their day with this crap, but it'll get sorted!! Not THAT easily disheartened!! :) lots of club spirit demonstrated, from fitting spacers to the end. Cheers man! :)

We had no intention of leaving you there Rob, we're not like that, just glad you got back ok and getting it sorted. :thumbs:

Chris ;)

Wicked pics!!!

Edited by R.C

We had no intention of leaving you there Rob, we're not like that, just glad you got back ok and getting it sorted. :thumbs:

Chris ;)

Wicked pics!!!

If there was a like button, I would click it until my mouse packed in (or the rad went in that too, hahahaha)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.