Need new plates, recommendations...

My plates have been on the car for 10 years now and the front is starting to delaminate so I'm after new ones. Any recommendations of where to get them from? If you have any pics or links that would be great!

Not a great pic but got mine from fancyplates, £30 the pair but worth it, always use them, good quality plates.

Toyota logo with red into silver border, 3d letters with 10% slant, honeycomb backing and GT190 in right hand corner.

DSC_0980.jpg

http://www.fancyplates.com/index.html

Edited by GT190

Demon plates for me with their dome black and import size rear plate....

3950FFC4-2633-421A-B1B7-8A3027578CBC-1380-000002607B94AB7E_zpsb838dbd5.jpg

17B02098-3F5B-452B-9552-AC785CE9DFFE-2637-0000033A5DAD55AE_zpse8813552.jpg

Pictures dont do them justice....

sn-lg-domed-text.jpg

Also all legal :)

Edited by MYK

Demon plates are really good,I will be buying mine from them when I sort out my private reg ,going for the import rear plate as well, will this cover the holes from the original plate or will I have to fit an infill?

Are those plates legal though, I dont see a manufacturer name & post code or the BS stamp in the bottom right. I almost bought some from Demon Plates earlier today but for £50 I need to know they comply!

I can confirm that they do.

From the website as well.....

18. Will the number plates show the makers details and the legal markings 'BSAU145d'?

Yes our plates will show these markings because this is what the UK law requires for plates which are used in the UK. People seem to think that we put these markings on the number plates because it gives us free advertising. This is most certainly not the case. We put these markings on there because it is required by law and your car could very well fail an MOT without these markings. The markings are only approximately 2.5mm high and although they can be read, they are really small and do not interfere with the plates design. The markings have to be on plates made by companies within the UK for plates used within the UK to assist the police in the reduction of car cloning. If a set of our number plates are used in crime then the police know who made them and they will come to us to ask who they were sold to.

2.5mm tall on the bottom of the plate :lol:

I dont think my camera would pick it up even!

It is there though. I can get a picture tonight if you want to put your mind at rest? :)

2.5mm tall on the bottom of the plate :lol:

I dont think my camera would pick it up even!

It is there though. I can get a picture tonight if you want to put your mind at rest? :)

No need to do that bud, its just that bottom pic from Tom there is definitely no marking. Dont forget 2.8mm is a standard print size for formal letters, 2.5mm is pretty clearly visible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.