Lucky escape!

vvtirob

So I'm on my way back from Macdonalds as any gentleman of singlemanship does at this hour, strawberry smoothie in hand, gentle flow of musical audio waves caressing my eardrums with... what the cool kids call... phat beatz - or something, when all of a sudden, I see flashing blues through the incredibly dark rear window tint.

The Fuzzman, seemingly happy with himself, kindly asked me to turn off the ignition and step out of the car. I was mildly disappointed at this point as the engine had only just got to optimum temperature and a young pair of upstanding Rotherham citizens in a Corsa SXI... thing... where goading for a bit of a run down the Bramley half mile.

So we're stood there in the street, freezing my already tense nutsack off, when he says with epic levels of smuggery on his face - "Your car's not insured, is it?" Ofcourse, I quickly protested this debauchery and stated, it bluddy want's to be, I insured it Saturday at a whole three hundred and thirty six british pound sterlings! He then showed me his little Telebox screen in his car and sure enough, it said it isn't! I promptly loaded up my little customer portal from the insurer and showed the good sir a PDF of my insurance certificate.

The look of disappointment on his face was kind of... off putting, but whatevz. LUCKILY, I remembered my password to that thing, which is like a stupid long string of numbers and uppercase/lowercase letters made up by some technical hamsters flitting around in a server somewhere in Reading, or something!

I call that a lucky escape, could have easily been done! Funnily enough though, when I got home, looking at the askmid website, and wanging the wife's reg plate in, it says it's not on the insurance database. ODD.

Thought I'd share that with you for some reason!

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

It can take about 3 working days for the website (askmid) to be updated. Hence the reason my son could not Tax his car online the other week.

Nice to have one up on the boys in blue though. Also good that the boys in Blue do have the up to date info to stop those that don't have the correct insurance.

Haha, thanks you guys. :) Yeah it was a bit annoying that the smoothie melted and turned in to more of a juice, but the grin on my face driving off balanced out that little issue! LOL!

I didn't know the people of Rotherham were so well educated. Clearly you are the exception to that rule ;)

Nice story

Haha, you're so right... believe me, us well spoken folk are rather few and far between around these parts. U c lot ov this on facetwittertube frm ur evry dai maltby inbred. :P

Haha, Kev! I'm so bad with grammar fails... I'm usually the first to call my mother out on Facebook when she uses "you're" and "your" incorrectly. :lol:

8a4dd5fe9c96be92251e1eb6bba67384.jpeg

I love that fella, there is some really bad spelling and grammar and here at times. The number of people that use "brought" instead of "bought" shocks me!

Haha, I'll watch out for his grammar, Kev! :P I knooooooow what you mean Serratia, a lot of forums tend to have a select few people who understand the difference between certain words - but suck assface at typing them! :P

That was amusingly written, I enjoyed that. I've read occurences of this before so the popo should be aware there's a slim chance the database isn't up to date, cover themselves from egg on the face and enquire when it was renewed etc.

I've had some experiences with the police with the odd light being blown or running quite high contrasted amber. They've been pretty decent but you still think to yourself what if something isn't in order.

Edited by KrisSilver

Haha, Kev! I'm so bad with grammar fails... I'm usually the first to call my mother out on Facebook when she uses "you're" and "your" incorrectly. :lol:

8a4dd5fe9c96be92251e1eb6bba67384.jpeg

There is also the Prime Target for the Grammar Police, the miss use of the words "to and too, and also, but not as common "two".

Hahaha, I know right? I often let the miss use of 'to' and 'too' slide... but how can anyone mix up 'two' and 'too' is beyond me! It's almost like... 'All the leaves have fallen off the threes... but it's okay, four I have swept them up.' Lmao!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.