Brushed steel vinyl wrap

Had a crazy idea. Is there anyone or anywhere that could wrap in a brushed steel effect?

I took this photo of the interior of my car earlier, and couldn't help but to think how good the center console would look if it was brushed steel.

A3vEoKK.jpg

What do you guys think?

Yes there is, i'll find what i saw and post up a link

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Resources/PressReleases/Archive/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GUC302D2B9O7224M1000000_assetId=1273680822891

you could get some and do it yourself maybe?

or this was my preferred, poss for the vert centre consul which was why i was looking

http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/category/film-design/metal

Edited by arizona

Look it up on youtube, you need a sharp scalpel and a heat gun and have a go at it, if it all goes wrong pull it off and there's no damage to whats underneath so apart from what you spend on the wrap there's nothing to lose

I personally just dont like wrap, ask MrRizla, his gen 6 wrap wasnt perfect (it was there when he bought the car) and while he was in making a cuppa i whipped it all off one day :lol:

I love the look of the wicked coatings dipped one though :)

I don't know about anyone on here that has done brushed steel but when I was having my dash wrapped I was torn between brushed steel and brushed aluminium.

I chose aluminium because it was closer to a genuine period GT dash.....It looks good if it's done right!

Celicadash.jpg

Good luck! I think because of the brushed effect it looks "deeper" than normal vinyl...kind of less wrapped looking if that makes sense!

Right I get you. I think I have a heat gun somewhere. Is it absolutely necessary to use a heat gun on something as small as center console plastics?

Quite looking forward to trying this out - always thought that brushed aluminium center consoles looked smart :)

Right I get you. I think I have a heat gun somewhere. Is it absolutely necessary to use a heat gun on something as small as center console plastics?

Quite looking forward to trying this out - always thought that brushed aluminium center consoles looked smart :)

yes it is , you want a good result dont you? :P go and find it :D

Hah, suppose so! So what's the heat gun for exactly? I'm completely new to it. I thought you'd stick the vinyl on, and flatten out the bubbles? Wasn't aware you needed a heat gun for it.

You havent looked up on youtube how to do it yet have you? :nono:;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.