GT Center Caps

MYK

Right. I am now in posesion of a set of GT center caps. I'm wanting to fit them on my t-sport but getting a custom set of decals from mook (I have the Tech 5 wheels to go on but don't want to be branding my car something that it really isn't).

So.

My shoddy tape measure has a measurement of 52mm edge to edge. Does that sound right?

Has anyone else had a set made up for the GT center caps? :)

Thanks for your help people! :D

gt centre caps are same as t sport centre caps, size wise. i have done 2 sets (see my mod thread). if u have a facelift model the t sport centre caps should be smooth, the pre face ones have the T on the t sport logo raised.

I just dont want to have the gt logo on display on the car and people think im making it into something it isnt :)

It's a T-Sport! And I'm happy with that :D

firIMGP2685.jpg

first, sanded and smoothed the original caps, primed, sprayed with silver paint, added decals from mook , then lacquered to seal.

the centre caps above were from a pre face so had the raised T, so added a few layers of paint to even out the caps.

Edited by razor2812

Me :)

6BA24E57-160F-4F15-9DB2-5554DD0F7792-11342-00000BFD1725043F.jpg

But as you know slugster did them and he had an issue with his ink and it smudged after a couple of days unfortunately.

But i am totally with you fella. I didn't want GT caps on my t sport either for the same reasons

Edited by Cravo

firIMGP2685.jpg

first, sanded and smoothed the original caps, primed, sprayed with silver paint, added decals from mook , then lacquered to seal.

the centre caps above were from a pre face so had the raised T, so added a few layers of paint to even out the caps.

The GT bit is raised so would have to sand that down. I just didn't want to have to sell my T-Sport alloys on without the center caps is all.

looking at pics of your car, looks like u have already refurbed your t sport caps, they will fit in the tech 5s,

How did you know what colour to use to match up with the alloys? Thats the bit that would confuse me......

Me :)

6BA24E57-160F-4F15-9DB2-5554DD0F7792-11342-00000BFD1725043F.jpg

But as you know slugster did them and he had an issue with his ink and it smudged after a couple of days unfortunately.

But i am totally with you fella. I didn't want GT caps on my t sport either for the same reasons

They do look sweet (I've asked for black T-Sport logos :lol: but slugsters ink can't be used outside at the moment :(

hey buy i done my centre wheel caps with vinyl. the size for me was 52mm, didnt have a problem

http://www.celica-cl...hl__+m2fng +mod

Found it now - i see what you did :) I just didnt realise that they where where different :lol: I think I'd have to sand mine down, spray them, and then fit decals and laquer. Lets see what it looks like when I do it... :lol:

i didnt get mine perfectly sanded, the raised part, so built up the level with paint, few coats of lacquer and few coats of paint built up the level, std alloy silver is what i used, doesnt have to be perfect match to the wheel as original ones were a metallic silver anyway.

I'll see how they compare when I get the wheels on. If it comes to it I may see the T-Sport wheels with GT center caps. Just have to see what they look like once they're on the car though and see how the t-Sport centers fit :)

DON'T SAND THEM.

With a scalpel or dental probe thingy, gently poke around the inner rim of the cap and you'll find that you can lift up the edge of the GT logo which is stamped on a polished alloy disc. With something narrow, flat and thin, (I used a paper knife) keep lifting the alloy disc until you can release the disc from the cap. It's held on with Evo-stick or similar.

What you are left with is a reasonably flat surface on which to apply the sticker. You may need to scrape off any remaining eveo-stick before cleaning, sanding the rim gently, repainting the rim and applying the sticker.

IMG_03431_zps142beec7.jpg

And if you want to send the GT discs to me (rather than throw them away), I have plans to repolish and repaint a set back to original spec.

They certainly wouldnt be thrown away - if anything they'll either be sold with the T-Sport alloys, or, sold on their own :lol:

Interesting to know this though - Once I've got them off mook I'll see what I can do with them :)

Edited by MYK

I'm sure u can get some other caps to smooth down that will fit the tech 5s. The gt ones are rare as fuck now it would be a wast to sand them down when every gt owner is looking for a set ;)

+1

The caps from the six spoke Fondmetal rims with the Gen 7 silhouette will also fit.

Edited by Kev 16v

+1

The caps from the six spoke Fondmetal rims with the Gen 7 silhouette will also fit.

Never seen them before but if these are that rare then I don't really want to damage them!

May keep my t-sport centres.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.