Love vs Hate

TRD2008

I love most things about my Gen 7 except the fecking CEL on and off whenever theres an R in the month and the front splitter that I keep curbing (says a lot about my parking). Its the first Jap car I have owned and it beats anything else I've had.

Last car I had was an MG TF, the biggest heap of low quality shite ever to grace 4 wheels, no wonder Rover went down the toilet. Good riddence..

Yes,

Love the fact its yellow, looks good, and is a Celica

Hate the fact its a big drop in power and performance from the faff, and only has 4 cylinders, lol

I agree with you. I love the fact mines white, looks great.

I hate how slow it is XD

Last car I had was an MG TF, the biggest heap of low quality shite ever to grace 4 wheels, no wonder Rover went down the toilet. Good riddence..

Sorry to hear you had a bad one, they do need more maintenance than Jap cars..more fun though.

Sorry to hear you had a bad one, they do need more maintenance than Jap cars..more fun though.

When I worked as a Mechanic I worked on lots of them, all had similar faults, rotting sills, head gaskets, rear hydro gas units fried by the engine (no longer available new), interior trim that fell to bits and leaky hoods.And then I bought one, what was I thinking of? building cars to that standard is inexcusable. Utter crap.

When I worked as a Mechanic I worked on lots of them, all had similar faults, rotting sills, head gaskets, rear hydro gas units fried by the engine (no longer available new), interior trim that fell to bits and leaky hoods.And then I bought one, what was I thinking of? building cars to that standard is inexcusable. Utter crap.

Hydro Gas units?, what are they and where are they fitted?, new one on me.

Hydro Gas units?, what are they and where are they fitted?, new one on me.

Early build MGFs had Metro Hydrogas/Hydrolastic suspension which consist of 4 displacers- one for each wheel,This system goes back to the days of the early Mini, later MGFs had conventional springs and shocks, All had front hubs that were Metro CV joints with the inners missing, how good is that?

ROVER = Really Old Vehicles Engineered Roughly

Edited by foxxy

Rotting Sills. Our 54 plate TF is in better condition underneath than my 54 plate Gen 7

Head Gaskets. Improved multi-layer available for £275 fitted

Hydro Gas. Not applicable

Interior Trim. No problems to report

Leaky Hoods. Window angle is adjustable once door cards are removed, but even many Mercedes soft tops aren't water tight.

Great weekend car, but indifferent build quality as you say means they can be picked up for peanuts at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.