sports m spoiler

Blaine

i bought a genuine sports m spoiler from ebay, advertised as genuine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350663454957?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i opened it up yesterday to find it had no toyota stamp on it to say its genuine

i emailed the seller and his reply was

"Hi,

Authenitc TRD parts will not have Toyota stamp on it because it is a special edition TRD parts that made by TRD. You can't buy it from Toyota, so it won't have Toyota or part number on it

You can online to ask around and you will know"

i then got another message sayin

"Hi,

If you can show me some pictures of the fake one, I can show you the difference between my authentic one and the fake one"

is this true about sports m spoilers?

or do i go ahead with ebay procedures and claim a refund? or a partial refund as its not genuine?

If it's made from urethane rather than GRP, then personally I wouldn't be bothered whether it is stamped or not. Assuming you fit it rather than return it, I'll look forward to pics., as it's my favourite spoiler for a Gen 7 :)

Darraghtrd is a fucking muppet...he claims bits are for sale you message him, he confirms they are available and when you request pictures he takes a week to respond at which point he tells you the part is sold.....worst eBay seller I have encountered

Darragh's Sports-M didnt have a TRD-Sports-M Spoiler.

As for the one in the listing It looks genuine to me, its also in a genuine Sports-M colour too.

Cant comment on whether mine has a stamp on as I have never removed it but my scoop and skirts have TOYOTA stamps in them.

1091.jpg

DSC00056-1.jpg

Can you run your hand along underneath it Tabba? Think that's only place it would be.

I can confirm the underside of the spoiler is smooth as a baby's nether regions, you can see the same in the second pic. I would think the stamp would be under the sticky rubber pad on the bit that meets the boot on the struts, if it is anywhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.