Painting spats dumb question ;)

digs

i would personally add lacquer to make it abit more durable :)

Cheers, worried it will not look right for some odd reason(does it change the look at all?), but that's just because they look spot on now ;) after 2 days of spraying and sanding...

Cheers guys. I suppose a clear coat can't hurt, little job for tomorrow then :)

Edit : just learnt all about Toyota super white and that it has no clear coat, and why. Random bit of knowledge now stuck in my head :) it is superwhite I have used.

Edited by digs

Not coated so far, wet out to test fit in the five mins of dry, so far not as glossy as main paint but very close. Will do a test on some piece of something to see what a clear coat will look like as well.

Did see they fit nicely, even have the right holes in the right place to screw them on :) almost like rhat was intended... ;). Only say that because the side skirts didn't so needed to drill a couple of holes (and drown in paint and sealant and I bet they will still get rusty...) some strong tape as well and they should be pretty secure :)

If its not as glossy, have you tried to polish it mate? Areosol finishes I find need a good buff.

Storm blue - http://www.adrenalinemotorsport.pl/doc/Piotr_Sieniawski/Gt_Four170711014_730.jpg

Not the best example, try get a photo of johnyboys one.

Edited by tombrady

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.