Long shot, flat tyre, can anybody help!?

lewiso

Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated

Going to investigate what's in the boot

Annoyingly there is no jack, can I use any jack? From a friends car or something?

:lol: Thought this was next, behind side quarter panel in boot, usually righthand side, to remove the jack from holder wind the jack and it wll loosen

There are two little plastic compartments left and right under boot carpet left one has the arm thing to wind up the jack but theres no jack or socket arm grr

And now everything is covered in snow

Happy days

I bought a new jack from eBay because I hadn't realised the original was actually in that cubby hole.

Open the boot, look to the left (not under the carpet), there will be a plastic panel which unclips to reveal your jack. Like Arizona said you will need to wind it down slightly in order to free it.

not under the carpet, see on the lefthand side, there is a cubbyhole inside the rear wing its in there

I bought a new jack from eBay because I hadn't realised the original was actually in that cubby hole.

Open the boot, look to the left (not under the carpet), there will be a plastic panel which unclips to reveal your jack. Like Arizona said you will need to wind it down slightly in order to free it.

Thanks I'll check again when I get home!

Really appreciate all the advice and Chris nice to know you did that makes me feel better :)

The socket arm should be in a little bag. If this is missing you can buy them from places like halfords or other car parts stores you may have within walking distance or a short bus ride.

Before you go to the trouble of taking the wheel off I would check that the tyre place you found has something in the correct size. You wouldn't want to turn up with the wheel and be disappointed!

At the very worst if you can't get the wheel off yourself and you really need the car then maybe look online for a mobile tyre fitter and order the cheapest budget tyre in the correct size to get you by until your other wheels are done. Or as others have said if you can get a bit of air in the tyre it might be okay to drive to the tyre place.

I truly am useless with this stuff like, but suppose you need to start to learn somewhere!

This may or may not make you laugh, but last night when I was hunting under the carpet for no reason I realised my boot struts didn't work in the cold as my boot bashed me on the head!

Hehe, join the club!

I started a thread about the boot struts the other day as its a common problem. Apparently the cold weather makes it worse. Mine are still just about okay for the time being so I'm leaving it for now. You can get new struts for around 40 or 50 quid and a while back some forum members started a group buy to get a better price. If you need new ones now you could send a pm to 'ams' who is one of our corporate members. I know he had some in stock last week because I asked about them. Maybe a local member would help you to fit them if you're not sure about that too.

This might make you laugh.....I had all the correct equipment to remove my wheels but the garage that serviced the car last had put the nuts on so tight with an air gun that I couldn't shift them anyway!

I truly am useless with this stuff like, but suppose you need to start to learn somewhere!

This may or may not make you laugh, but last night when I was hunting under the carpet for no reason I realised my boot struts didn't work in the cold as my boot bashed me on the head!

:hysterical: sorry , that must've been the last straw last night :lol:

One of my most useful buys has been my breaker bar from Halfords, makes getting the studs undone a doddle (you need one with a 21mm socket on the end i believe) and if someone wants a xmas pressie idea a small trolley jack makes it a lot quicker too :)

Hehe, join the club!

I started a thread about the boot struts the other day as its a common problem. Apparently the cold weather makes it worse. Mine are still just about okay for the time being so I'm leaving it for now. You can get new struts for around 40 or 50 quid and a while back some forum members started a group buy to get a better price. If you need new ones now you could send a pm to 'ams' who is one of our corporate members. I know he had some in stock last week because I asked about them. Maybe a local member would help you to fit them if you're not sure about that too.

This might make you laugh.....I had all the correct equipment to remove my wheels but the garage that serviced the car last had put the nuts on so tight with an air gun that I couldn't shift them anyway!

I'll probably not even be able to get the center caps off to be honest!

:hysterical: sorry , that must've been the last straw last night :lol:

One of my most useful buys has been my breaker bar from Halfords, makes getting the studs undone a doddle (you need one with a 21mm socket on the end i believe) and if someone wants a xmas pressie idea a small trolley jack makes it a lot quicker too :)

Total last straw, but when you wake up the next day knowing you can't drive to work and you look out the window and everything's covered in snow it sends you over the edge!

The socket arm should be in a little bag. If this is missing you can buy them from places like halfords or other car parts stores you may have within walking distance or a short bus ride.

Before you go to the trouble of taking the wheel off I would check that the tyre place you found has something in the correct size. You wouldn't want to turn up with the wheel and be disappointed!

At the very worst if you can't get the wheel off yourself and you really need the car then maybe look online for a mobile tyre fitter and order the cheapest budget tyre in the correct size to get you by until your other wheels are done. Or as others have said if you can get a bit of air in the tyre it might be okay to drive to the tyre place.

Queue next stupid question

Wheels contain the following numbers (apparently)

225/40 r18 88

0225206 -s

t0609 050ayz

jhh1008

Guessing the first one is what I need to tell the tyre place

Yep it's 225/40/18

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch_R18_inch_-_225_40_18_225_40R18

Not cheap tyres I'm afraid but the camskill site at least gives you an idea of what different makes cost. They have a cheap budget option at 45 quid. If you need it now though it might be hard to get something that price. And you're looking at another 15 or so for fitting.

Yep it's 225/40/18

http://www.camskill....40_18_225_40R18

Not cheap tyres I'm afraid but the camskill site at least gives you an idea of what different makes cost. They have a cheap budget option at 45 quid. If you need it now though it might be hard to get something that price. And you're looking at another 15 or so for fitting.

Yup 225/40 R18 is what they'll wanna know.

No part worns at the garage I was hoping to use

Cheapest they had was £65 fitted but they were new and had to be ordered in

Might just have to see if I can get my refurbs hurried along!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.