Tiny dent removal or new aerial....

MYK

Anyone know of a quick way to remove these tiny dents? I took the aerial off but whoever fit it went all out to tighten it and damaged the roof (its crazy!). If not, can anyone recommend a decent looking aerial to replace it with? :)

BF33EAB4-05A5-4BA3-9BFB-DBECB0C01701-10491-00000F1490214554.jpg

Edited by MYK

If it's bothering you that much you could try one of those dent removal suction things... I find them to be more hassle than they're worth but, never get a good finish and a bit of a gimmick

But because its on the roof, nice big solid area might be worth a shot?

If you are going for an aerial i've always thought they shark fin style one's are nice!

I've just been looking at a shark fin aerial from Halfords, universal, and looks like it would bolt in where this one does... Hmm. Wrap it gloss black to match the roof as well. Could look really nice.

These dents point outward though, so dented from the inside out, which makes me think it would be more difficult to remove. :( but on the plus side I'll be getting the full roof wrapped in gloss black this weekend but it would make these really noticeable...

Ah right sorry! Looks like it's dented inward on the pic :lol:

If it was my car and i was getting it wrapped especially, I'd take a rubber mallet and cloth to it. Lightly of course, just try to level it out slightly!

But i'd definitely go for the shark fin, unless you want an S2000 style aerial which i've always fancied, too much work but haha.

Demon tweaks takes 10 days delivery :o

So can't have that for Saturday :lol:

Mallet tomorrow night and if that doesn't work then will leave it and just refit my old aerial till a sharkfin arrived....

The more I look at sharkfins the more I think they would look out of place on the front :(

Will try a bit of hammer action on It and see what happens....

I could fill the hole myself, but the dents are the problem... I have the stuff here that I would use to fit it, as well as the right size piece of metal to stick to the roof underneath. But. It's the dents that are making me think that I won't be able to do it.

Think a bodyshop would be to expensive. I may just chop the aerial down even more as i already have an internal aerial mounted and this one isn't even connected....

I think if I can't fix this then the best option was to keep my current aerial and chop it down more. The problem was it was looking really faded and on the new black would look a bit crap to be honest. SO. I've ordered some of this...

GTechniq C4

If anyone is wondering why I spent so much on such a tiny bottle to do this it's because it's something I know that works and actually lasts. None of this "back to black" rubbish. I actually used this stuff almost 2 years ago on my old mini, and, it's as black as when I originally did it. So I figured I'd use that and see how much difference it makes on it. I can post up the results if anyone is interested?

Some comparison photos...

Edited by MYK

I could fill the hole myself, but the dents are the problem... I have the stuff here that I would use to fit it, as well as the right size piece of metal to stick to the roof underneath. But. It's the dents that are making me think that I won't be able to do it.

If you can fill in the holes could you drill the dents out to create another hole to be filled??

Demon tweaks takes 10 days delivery :o

So can't have that for Saturday :lol:

Mallet tomorrow night and if that doesn't work then will leave it and just refit my old aerial till a sharkfin arrived....

The more I look at sharkfins the more I think they would look out of place on the front :(

Will try a bit of hammer action on It and see what happens....

I'm with you on this mate, sharkfin will only look good at the back imho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.