finally!

gen7nnb

So after living in Woking for 4 months, I've finally had a wave back from another Celica driver.

I try to wave at pretty much every one I see and the first one since being here was from the driver of a grey gen 5 GT-four with white mk5 golf wheels. I don't think they're a member as no stickers but nice to see none the less.

5 and 6 owners often dont wave at 7's as so often are just given a strange look, i dont tend to wave now and tbh might not be looking at them to see a wave, uless they flashed lights - there's just loads round here that look at you like you're a wierdo if you do flash them or wave

The 6's and (though few) 5's always flash and wave and in the 5 also the mr2's

Still have yet to receive a wave from anyone! Oh actually, there was a grey gen 7 on the oncoming lane waiting to turn into a road on my side, I did wave at him and he did wave back, but I think he thought I was letting him go. If that was the case he would've been pretty confused when I didnt and just drove on :D

To be fair I often miss other gen 6s going my, the missus tells me, and I always feel rude as I would have given them a wave! Did flash one the other day but not sure if they saw.

So if a guy in a white gen 6 ignores your wave, it's nothing personal and I would have waved back!

I'm in the Woking area too... I generally don't wave at Celica's anymore as there are such a variety of owners, ranging from guys like yourself to older women, and the good majority of the time ya just end up looking like a dildo :lol: . I wave a other ST205's though as they are a lot more rare compared to other Celica's and is like being in a bit more of an exclusive club lol.

I'll keep an eye out for a lagoon blue Gen 7 B) ... My car = Storm Grey ST205 with TRD kit, bronze alloys and a black WRC spoiler being held together by duct tape lol!

Edited by MattW

I don't think I'll ever give up, I'm dedicated. haha. Nah I don't care if I get weird looks, I'm used to it!

Good on you mate, I always flash or wave, if i don't get a responce, well never mind, not everyone feels the same as we do about our cars, it's a fact of life, some of us care, we care a heck of alot more, it's not our fault that we hug our cars from time to time.

Plus according to a few, i'm having a mid life crisis, so be it, i'm happy! :D

i tried this once.......... Saw a nice st205 gt four non wrc gave a cheeky wave and smile, and the look i got back from the stubborn ugly mule of a women was enough to make me stop waving at any other celicas i see lol

There's 1 club member floating around my town (still yet to find him on the forum though) always give him a flash or a wave, but unless its a car that I can see is cared for i really dont bother cause i allready no the response lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.