JDM - meanings and various interpretations

celicamojo

I don't think of my 7 as JDM. I think of mine as UKDM. To me a JDM is a pre-owned Jap import.

I have mod bits by Tanabe, C-One and a JDM spoiler, does not make me JDM

I have have parts by Injen, does not make me USDM

and parts by Whiteline does not make me AUDM

Perhaps I'm a 57DM (think about it). lol.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my 5 styling is kinda controversial esp in the engine (and gearbox) department but Ive always kind of tried to avoid the JDM styling route on the grounds that my car is not JDM (Im leaving the Domokuns and sticker bombing to Kittii whos car is JDM :P )

To me the car has to be made and sold in Japan to a Japanese person to be JDM.

Having said that those lairy tow hooks are growing on me coz I want to hang a hedgehog on one

Oh and I might have a lack of bonnet spoiler ........

and no headlight washers........

and my JDM front seats.......

JDM parking permit

........ and a JDM engine :sofa:

USDM front indys????

And my car was first sold in Essex....... oo-errrr

but I will not be rewiring my rear lights and changing rear plates :P

IOWDM FTW yall!!!!

Edited by Ghoulscout

I have a jdm rear plate holder + jap style plate. I don't class my gen7 as jdm. My Scooby was a proper jap import (imported in 94) kitted out with jap parts, so I would class that as jdm.

Fought only Honda drivers use that jdm jive, to me its nothing special

anyone have a celica jdm drinks cabinet fitted to there centre arm rest ?

didnt think so , i rest my case , jdm as fook :D

No but only because I havent found one yet :angry: Still dont make me JDM though.

I did buy Kittii a 10 yen coin for good luck to pass her driving test. How JDM is that :P

Edited by Ghoulscout

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domo_(NHK)

I hope that makes sense you you as it sure doesn't me haha

I'm trying to make my car JDM as it's a japanese car. Whether it's in the UK or otherwise is irrelevant IMO. If it's japanese and has some parts from Japan whether standard or not then it can be classed as JDM in my own opinion as long as it's done to enhance the looks of the car.

It's daft saying my washer pump is made in Japan though so it's now a JDM car though haha but an import spoiler / Kouki rear lights can be classed as JDM but only if the whole thing is carried off IE number plates etc

I know someone who has a jdm plaster sticker on the back of his car, his car is a saxo lol. He thinks its a euro sticker bless him!

I agree with alot said though, jdm is an imported jap spec car. Im going for the jdm look woth mine but in no way would i say it is jdm.

My car came from Jap land, was owned by a japanese fella, modified in japan with Jap body kit and has alot of jap tuning parts, i even found a yen coin when changing my interior, which now resides in my center cubby hole. My car is JDM. Love it. But its MY style take on the JDM scene, i have made it very much my own.

Oh and just 'cause i have a BGW does not make me a Ricer thank-you-very-much! :P

Urban Dictionary = Ricer

Edited by splinter

To all of those saying you have a UK car so it can't be JDM, it can still be styled in the JDM style and thus be part of the JDM scene

It's like the Euro look, you can apply the Euro look to any car, whether it's European or not, or the ricer look can be applied to any make of car, so can the JDM look

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.