Could the headliner be painted?

Anything can be painted! fabric paint would give better results, but slow light coats would be paramount. You could Flock it for best finish but would be more expensive. Assume the Gen 7 lining is similar material to Gen 6

OOOh like the velour, this would work on plastics, but never stick to linings, as per Flocking, you would be better (and quicker) researching on Google (other browsers are available!) TBH not 100 % but believe its a sort of fluid coating which will require removal of liner and a couple of days treatment (or buy another one!) kinda like the Fablon spray on wall coating from the late 70's

How much are you wanting to spend? £100 will get you the lining, and the sunvisors re-trimmed in genuine alcantara by hide n seat interiors....

How often do you touch your headlining? painting would be easiest, but you'll need alot to get a good even coverage on the headlining.

If you want to wrap it then don't use spray adhesive you will be wearing a hat, I know from experience. (http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/124847-ltas-st205-wrc-gt-four-resprayed/page__st__300)

Search ebay for high temp contact/trim adhesive, not a spray but a paste and you'll be fine with that.

Yeah should of just done that really :/

Once i get a replacement, i'll get it painted :). Then somehow paint that grey surround around the opening and then somehow get the slidey piece out. I can get the big piece out but not the rear one?

How much are you wanting to spend? £100 will get you the lining, and the sunvisors re-trimmed in genuine alcantara by hide n seat interiors....

Having looked at the price of Alcantara, I may have to revise that figure or I'll end up paying you for the privilege of doing the work! :lol:

Also can the mirrors be removed from the sunvisors, i cracked mine trying...

The mirrors just pop out, Ben... not sure how you've managed to crack them...!

Having looked at the price of Alcantara, I may have to revise that figure or I'll end up paying you for the privilege of doing the work! :lol:

The mirrors just pop out, Ben... not sure how you've managed to crack them...!

:lol:

Drop me a PM and let me know how much it would be.. And if you can suggest an alternative I'm all for it tbh. Just want something that feels good, looks good, and will be reasonably hard wearing :) Figured alcantara would be the best bet but if you can recomend something else then I'm up for it! Just needs to be black as going matte black on my interior and exterior bits so would be nice to blend accross :)

Cheers man!

Come out ok for just a couple of cans of satin black! Will get the sunvisors and the surround thing done today. Really should of done the sliding pieces as well whilst the headliner was off, but oh well.

Mondo - how do you get them out? I put a screwdriver behind the plastic and gently prised it and then the mirror went lol.

Also, you mean the mirror itself or the whole plastic bit?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.