Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology

http://www.hydrogenhybrids.uk.com/

HI all...does anyone have any knowledge or experience of this. The web site seems to show fairly good savings and emissions improvements but the cynic in me suspects that the reality may be different. I have e-mailed for more info and will report but would love to hear from anyone with experience in these things.

BMW were working on this 25 years ago - i did a school science project when i was 11 and wrote to various car companies asking for info on what technology they might use in the future.

BMW sent me loads of stuff as did every other maufacturer including Porsche and Mercedes - only Ferrari declined and wanted £50 for a gay book they could sell me.

Their website looks like one of them tragic ebay ads. I'm surprised it doesn't have adverts down the side telling me about a woman who is now making £40000 an hour by filling in online surveys.

I know I'm judging a book by its cover and all that but it just looked rather crappy.

Atleast they seem honest about what might happen :

"Our Success rate is now 90%. The technology works in 90% of all the vehicles we have converted. There will always be a difficult vehicle, please check with our Office, we will need the Registration Number & full vehicle details before we can offer advice."

Just had this reply....still not convinced though

Dear Ian

Thank you for your email and interest in de Verde Technologies.

The cost of having one of our systems installed into your Toyota Celica including the VAT and fitting is £250. There should be no issues with your insurance company and we can provide you with a guide to explain to them that this is a fuel enhancement system, which is an add-on and does not increase your BHP. It is a safe low amp system which is covered by product liability insurance and is installed by trained and qualified installers.

The fitting of the unit will take up to 3 hours and you will benefit from improved torque and performance, reduced emissions and as a bonus you will gain approximately a 20% saving on fuel.

If you would like to have the system fitted, please contact our office who will book your vehicle in our diary for the installation. We usually ask for £100 deposit to be paid by debit/credit card and then we request the balance to be paid after 30 days in accordance with our 30-day money back guarantee.

I hope that you find this of interest and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Mel Bryant

Executive Director

http://www.celica-cl...__fromsearch__1

dug up an old thread, havent read it

Interesting read.

Seems to be very similar to the "40+ bhp super duper wind turbine awesome turbo kits" you see on ebay or even the "magical resistor kits".

The majority of people you see on the internet won't actually show how to do anything with these and just offer to sell you the guides which all funny enough have 30 days money back guarantees which are probably worth about as me promising to fly you to the moon in my wheely bin.

This is one of the better youtube videos I've found :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LElCLMRrDDA&feature=player_embedded

Edit : I can't believe I'm now actually looking into this.

It seems as it does nothing more than just push hydrogen into the air intake which obviously with combust without the use of fuel which in turn would cut down the fuel amount needed...Personally I wouldn't like to know how the ECU is going to try and cope with this kind of change.

Edited by stubear666

improved torque and performance, with reduced emissions and a saving on fuel too?!

sounds a little tooo good to be true

Have to say I agree...if it seems to good to be true it probably is!!!

Interesting read.

Seems to be very similar to the "40+ bhp super duper wind turbine awesome turbo kits" you see on ebay or even the "magical resistor kits".

The majority of people you see on the internet won't actually show how to do anything with these and just offer to sell you the guides which all funny enough have 30 days money back guarantees which are probably worth about as me promising to fly you to the moon in my wheely bin.

This is one of the better youtube videos I've found :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LElCLMRrDDA&feature=player_embedded

Edit : I can't believe I'm now actually looking into this.

It seems as it does nothing more than just push hydrogen into the air intake which obviously with combust without the use of fuel which in turn would cut down the fuel amount needed...Personally I wouldn't like to know how the ECU is going to try and cope with this kind of change.

Funnily enpugh I wondered about the ECU thing too...Im no mechanic but things I dont fully understand worry me :0)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.