Little help with horrible rusty look on hubs

Hey guys

Its good to be back on here and posting again.

Cause my car has been sitting still for 2 weeks, the rear hubs are caked in orange rust from the rain just sitting on them while ive been away. Cleaned the car today and it ruins the look completley. How do i get the orange look off the hubs? Or will it eventually go the more i drive the car?

If your on about the discs ,it will come of when you drive it...

If you mean the centre part of the disc(drum part just behind wheel)that can be wire brushed and painted..

What colour would you guys paint the drums?

if your painting the drums i would paint them the same colour as your rims, will make your wheels look mahoosive and its just a trick of the eye :thumbs:

I'm planning to rub down and paint mine silver so it looks like a continuation of the silver alloys I have. If I had black wheels i'd do them black, think a contrasting colour would look a bit naff, too much i think.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Red will be too much and i dont want the car looking like a cheap tatty teenagers car. So black it is. And ive still got some black left from the carriers. What paper should i use to rub them down? Or just use a wire brush?

Personally I'd go silver or black too. I like the idea of matching it to the wheels too though!

Previous owner of mine went for red, matching the calipers, and I must say I'm not a fan. The worst part is he actually did a good job of it :s it'll be awkward to strip and reprint when I eventually get the time.

Personally I'd go silver or black too. I like the idea of matching it to the wheels too though!

Previous owner of mine went for red, matching the calipers, and I must say I'm not a fan. The worst part is he actually did a good job of it :s it'll be awkward to strip and reprint when I eventually get the time.

Just paint over it with smooth black hammerite, dont worry about stripping it off - just did mine, easy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.