oil help needed please

once again guys im after some advice what oil is best to use with my 140 engine i know im going to get alot of different answers here but what do i use? and im after some new spark plugs whats going to make the most difference? thanks again guys sorry for the stupid questions lol :)

No such thing as a really stupid question...if you dont know ASK :0) I use Mobil 5w30 semi synthetic oil with a K&N oil filter... no real reason for that but from experience..my 140 has 62k on it and I've had it 3 years and had no engine problems at all. There are probably mechanics out there who can give you better, more technical advice but for me, check level regularly and change oil as often as you can. Mine is relatively low annual mileage and gets changed at least once a year. Hope that helps :0) oh, plugs are the 4 electrode ones but TBH they made little or no difference from the standard ones that were in there!

Go to eurocarparts mate if you look on the website which is being dog slow for me you can get stuff like 10W 40 magnatec for £14.50 if you use the code on the homepage so perhaps you can get 5W 30 or 0W 30 cheaper?

Edit you can get 4 litre's for 17 quid with MIDMONTH30

Edited by sr666

From the info on this great forum....5w30 or 5w40 if you like the red line or track! I went for some 5w40 fully syn fuchs from opieoils as was on offer. Heard good stuff about the Fuchs Titan race and the gulf competition if u fancy paying a bit more. K&n filter worth getting just for the fact it has a nut on the bottom so easy on and off and no messing around with a strap tool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.