tyre time again

just 2 quick questions.

1st. I rember some members buy there tyres from an online shop that was really good for price but i cant rember what site it was?

2nd. i need 2 front tyres, my rears are like new and are 205,45,17 so im going to move the rears to the front and put the new ones on the back, but im thinking of getting 215,45,17. what is the benefit of having 215's? and would it matter if i had 215's on the back and 205's on the front?

cheers

As you have a GT which is equiped with TC and ESC then the answer is no. The ESC system measures several parameters and one of them is the rolling distance between front and rear wheels. Unless you spend all of your time running in straight lines along M-Ways then as soon as you drive enthusiastically on the twisties your ESC will prematurely cut in. Normally the ESC will give you a little warning to back off before applying the brakes but with mis-matched rolling distances the system will just engage fully.

As you have a GT which is equiped with TC and ESC then the answer is no. The ESC system measures several parameters and one of them is the rolling distance between front and rear wheels. Unless you spend all of your time running in straight lines along M-Ways then as soon as you drive enthusiastically on the twisties your ESC will prematurely cut in. Normally the ESC will give you a little warning to back off before applying the brakes but with mis-matched rolling distances the system will just engage fully.

oh ok didnt know that. u learn something new everyday :) cheers for the help

just 2 quick questions.

1st. I rember some members buy there tyres from an online shop that was really good for price but i cant rember what site it was?

2nd. i need 2 front tyres, my rears are like new and are 205,45,17 so im going to move the rears to the front and put the new ones on the back, but im thinking of getting 215,45,17. what is the benefit of having 215's? and would it matter if i had 215's on the back and 205's on the front?

cheers

The benefit of having 215/45 is twofold, a slightly more compliant ride and a smaller gap between tyre and arch.

I think you'd be OK to fit these, the difference in rolling radius is so small, as to not make any difference. In fact, i'm sure others on here with ESC have gone this route without a problem,

If you were thinking 215/40 front, 215/45 rear (as I have on my 140), then there's a much bigger chance of David's comments being valid.

As to Nags, only if money is extremely tight!.

blackcircles and tyretraders are the sites I generally look for tyres on, mostly because they do a "fitted" price.

Pay online, then just turn up at their nearest fitter at an arranged time.

I'm getting a set of Avon ZV5 215 45 R17s on the weekend for my Gen 7 VVTL-i, had the choice between them and the Pirelli 215 45Z R17 Neros. Definitely go with a full set of the wider tyre if you can afford it. (Lucky for me I have somebody who works at Toyota meaning I get them at cost :D )

oh ok didnt know that. u learn something new everyday :) cheers for the help

Yeah, Greyracer is right.

I have 215's on the rear (new tyres) and 205's at the front.

It is horrible how early the ESC cuts in and really ruins the driving experience.

In the long run it will be worth it when the fronts wear and I then have all four of my tyres the same (Eagle F1 2's).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.