Bonnet respray price?

Am thinking of having my bonnet resprayed, due to having an ever increasing number of stone chips and was wondering what the ball park figure would be. Cheers

Between £150 and £200 as a guess. I had my GT4 bonnet sprayed and the vents due to loads of stone chips for £185 last year, was a good job too, not just a cheap blow over.

Edited by jez.w

What's the point, spend £200ish to make it look good, a few trips on the motorway and it'll look how it was before the respray, Save the money or spend it on something else

I'm in the same boat, the wrap might be a good idea instead though

How much would it cost to get the bonnet wrapped and how good a colour match would it be ?

You'd be very very luck if there was a wrap the exact same colour as your paintwork

The only real option for wrap would be a carbon fibre wrap or a contrasting colour like gloss black

What's the point, spend £200ish to make it look good, a few trips on the motorway and it'll look how it was before the respray, Save the money or spend it on something else

Interesting logic, no point in ever washing a car then as it will only get dirty again, or changing the oil as it will just get dirty and need changing again............... in fact, just don't drive the car any more and it won't cost you a penny to run, problem solved :lol:

Think what he means rich is just put up with the stone chips and buy something good for the car like a carbon bonnet or something

seen invisible darks carbon bonnet at my place on sunday and its a very pretty bit of kit and weigh's nothing :D

Any idea what kind of price range you are looking at for a carbon bonnet? And roughly what weight saving you gonna get from it compared with the stock bonnets?

dont know about prices but i would say at least half the weight of a gen 7 bonnet

Think what he means rich is just put up with the stone chips and buy something good for the car like a carbon bonnet or something

seen invisible darks carbon bonnet at my place on sunday and its a very pretty bit of kit and weigh's nothing :D

It does seem to only be a problem for the Gen 7's though, i'm not sure what it is that seems to attract stone chips unless they just have very thin paint on the bonnet

If that is the case, then a respray should sort the problem as there will be a greater amount of paint on there

It does seem to only be a problem for the Gen 7's though, i'm not sure what it is that seems to attract stone chips unless they just have very thin paint on the bonnet

If that is the case, then a respray should sort the problem as there will be a greater amount of paint on there

think its the angle that the gen 7 bonnet sits at that attracts the stones gen 5 & 6 seem to get the stones on the front bumper more

Interesting logic, no point in ever washing a car then as it will only get dirty again, or changing the oil as it will just get dirty and need changing again............... in fact, just don't drive the car any more and it won't cost you a penny to run, problem solved :lol:

sorry this made me piss myself lol

Gimba, the point of having it done is that one, a respray will give the car a thicker coat of paint than what mr Toyota did from the factory making it more resiliant to future chips, two it prevents any parts of the car from going rusty and three because it makes the car look new again. A carbon bonnet is another option, but at two or three times the price ( and I did it with my last car ) I wouldn't bother again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.