Back & trying to feel the love again...(honest)

But.....

Car passed MOT today with the following advisories..

1) Nearside front position lamp discoloured

2) Offside front position lamp discoloured

Look fine to me

3) Nearside rear seatbelt damaged but webbing not significantly weakened

Think it's been stuck/twisted in the mechanism at some point

4) Nearside rear brake pipe slightly corroded

5) Offside rear brake pipe slightly corroded

Not surprised after the guy spent 15-20 mins prodding at them with a screwdriver

6) Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle

Had this chip for 6 years now (it was previously filled) & for the past 2-3 years has been the only

MOT advisory I've had (I think)

7) Nearside front anti-roll bar ball joint dust cover damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt

8) Both front main beam lamps emitting blue light

Again, have had these for the past 6 years & have never had any warning about them previously

9) Wipers smearing windscreen

Could be due to the fact they practically emptied half my bottle of screen wash on to it

Have MOT's really become this bad over the past year?

Also, while trying to see what they were talking about with points 1&2, I spotted a bit of clouding on the top end of the drivers headlight case.....on the inside :(

To sell or not to sell....that is the question :unsure:

'Hi All' By the way ;)

Hiya,

My 1996 Gen6 got far less advisories than that :P

To sell or not you need to ask yourself:

• Will you miss it?
  • What would you get?
  • What reason do you haev to sell other than falling out of love?

Glad you're back mate, your car was always one to watch... As for the advisories it sounds like a pisstake... I had a long list of them when I first got my car, including the fuel filler pipe being corroded. Year later I had the car MOT'd and asked them to see how it was, there was no issue. The year after that I went back to the original place, same tester, checked the advisories... Nothing... I said to him "Wow, Toyotas are f*cking amazing cars" he said "yeah they're ok" I then explained to him how over the last two years, the car had magically healed itself of all these issues he had previous found... He had literally not a word to say, told his manager and made it clear that the business I work for would no longer be taking the company vehicles there because of them trying their luck.

Watch them mate. Very rare these days that anyone with a trade is an honest man and will try and lever the extra cash from your wallet. Feel free to be petty enough to ask the advisor to point out all the problems, if they wanna treat you like you're clueless, act clueless... Get them to point out what the advisory is exactly and why its a fail... If you want to give the impression you'd have the work done there it'll help ;) Also may be worth swinging by a different mot place and asking someone to look over the advisories and slipping them some cash for their trouble.

More info + Second opinion.

To sell or not you need to ask yourself:

• Will you miss it? YES
  • What would you get? New VW Scirocco looks a bit tasty
  • What reason do you have to sell other than falling out of love? None to be honest

Jeez mate you need to get a new MOT place!

That's Mr T for ya

Yeah, you new MOT place fella :( On another note, its nice to see you back on the forums. Us Northen Munkeys need to stick together ;)

Cheers mate ;)

Think I'll need to research on any other close by stations that come recommended

bad times rich you must have neglected her. lol. i think what you need is a meet up and some pics we can have a red yellow black and grey picture that will cheer you up lol.

lol cheers Tom :/

I haven't neglected her that much :unsure: But I'm hoping that once I kick my ass into gear it'll all come good ;)

Glad you're back mate, your car was always one to watch... As for the advisories it sounds like a pisstake... I had a long list of them when I first got my car, including the fuel filler pipe being corroded. Year later I had the car MOT'd and asked them to see how it was, there was no issue. The year after that I went back to the original place, same tester, checked the advisories... Nothing... I said to him "Wow, Toyotas are f*cking amazing cars" he said "yeah they're ok" I then explained to him how over the last two years, the car had magically healed itself of all these issues he had previous found... He had literally not a word to say, told his manager and made it clear that the business I work for would no longer be taking the company vehicles there because of them trying their luck.

Watch them mate. Very rare these days that anyone with a trade is an honest man and will try and lever the extra cash from your wallet. Feel free to be petty enough to ask the advisor to point out all the problems, if they wanna treat you like you're clueless, act clueless... Get them to point out what the advisory is exactly and why its a fail... If you want to give the impression you'd have the work done there it'll help ;) Also may be worth swinging by a different mot place and asking someone to look over the advisories and slipping them some cash for their trouble.

More info + Second opinion.

Cheers Lex ;) Sounds like a plan.....I would have asked normally, but just wanted to get out of there! You can see the £ signs rolling in their eyes when you drive in :/

Least I have a years grace now tho :)

Glad the car got through but I suggest that you find a new place before 2013 lol :thumbs: Great to see you back fella.

Cheers Mick ;)

The local Mr T weren't that bad before, so I'm guessing they have some new staff & bigger targets to hit these days :/

Yeah where have u been triksta? YOur missing all kinds of supercharge chat!

Your MOT place sounds a joke. Go to a place that doesn't have targets:more of a local place would be better I reckon ;)

Sounds to me like the MOT tester ain't gettin any at home!!

:hysterical:

lol it is prety dire. the recent mot. i dont think there is a call for you to sell your motor tho rich.

Cheers dude ;) Think I'll give it another year & see how it goes.

Yeah where have u been triksta? YOur missing all kinds of supercharge chat!

Your MOT place sounds a joke. Go to a place that doesn't have targets:more of a local place would be better I reckon ;)

;) Was close to SC'ing mine after seeing the outcome of Mr Baileys & especially after listening to him launch off from our local filling station....(yes, I man wee'd a little :drool:)

Hey buddy nice to see your on here again , Dont get rid of the car not when ive come back after all that time away , you'll regret it if you got rid i know i did ;)

Ey up mate....you keeping well? ;)

Yeah I don't hate the car.....just lost motivation/interest I think :/

So guys.......what's the best thing to do with this clouding headlight case?

I'm guessing I'll have to open them up to sort it properly?

Yeah I don't hate the car.....just lost motivation/interest I think :/

I've had this recently, not sure why, can't explain it... Even thoughts of another car don't do anything for me, unsure whats made the motivation die? If you find out lemme know lol

So guys.......what's the best thing to do with this clouding headlight case?

I'm guessing I'll have to open them up to sort it properly?

Opening up would be a good idea and probably the best way. I hated doing that though tbh and the heat from the oven/radiator/hairdryer has caused some discolouring on mine. I'd try a few of the silica gel sachets you get in shoes left in the headlight, sealed for a few hours. Btw, thinking on a string not just thrown in :lol: Is it discolouring or condensation? And are you sure its on the inside?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.