Gen6 or Gen7?

Last year I swapped my 120,000 mile 53 plate G7 Celica for a 40,000 mile Rover 75 Contemporary SE 1.8T (no laughing at the back) all the toys and loads of comfort had everything done by dealer before I bought it including uprated head gasket before I agreed to buy, BUT......I so miss my Celica that I think I`m going to sell it and get another Celica. Thing is I have always liked the look of the Gen6 but was put off because the newest was about a 1999, if anyone has had both what would you get? a nice Gen6 GT or a Gen7 190/T Sport.

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys/Gals

Mike

Wellllllllll, i had a 190Gt before my current Gen6, and although it is only the lowly 1.8ST i think its fun to drive and it keeps me away from speeding tickets, but if its raw power and stylish new looks your after you are gonna have to go with the 190....... really its all gonna be down to personal choice and budet.... :D

Thanks for the replys, think I may try and find a nice 190, I cant afford a great deal..it really depends what I get for mine so Gen6 GT looked tempting as most are under a grand. I`ts going to be late in the year or next year even because my daughters getting married and I`m going to need spare dosh for that.

Went from a Gen 6 GT to a Gen 7 (T Sport) (Gen 6 was written off :(). The T Sport is more fun to drive, and more fuel efficient but the ride is much nicer in the Gen6, especially on longer journeys (less noise, softer suspension, less of a go-kart)

the gen 7 is a much sharper machine to drive, i've only driven the 190, but is was much stiffer and more responsive than a gen6, the gen 6 i found was more refined, and softer and would make for a better car for just cruising.

Was gonna suggest this car, what a lovely example.

says deposit has been taken,not suprised if it's as good as it says..just a shame it's black..

:blink: What's wrong with black :P

When i was looking for a Celica i drove a 2001 190vvtli Gen 7 first as i love the look, but when i drove my Gen 6 i fell for it. Better build and more of a smile to drive. In my opinion ;)

Edited by GTsillycar

I don't have both but I've drove a fair few of both examples, I'm a little biased towards the 7 because I own one

but I liked the little sharp revvy engine in the 7 more and the 6 felt a bit wobbly and lazy body wise, the GT 6 is definitely faster and more comfortable especially compared to a 140, stick front and rear braces and maybe even a lower rear brace... Lower it and the 7 just gets even more solid and loves the road

but I also like the interior of the 7 more... It's more compact like an Mr2 people say, the centre console and arm rests etc come quite high up with low seats... The 6's didn't have that... But then a + for the interior of the 6 is it doesn't rattle as much lol

I've tried to keep this as professional as possible and not start no 6v7 arguments we all like Celicas here but for different reasons and we all have different tastes :)

I run both if they were both brand new and had i to make a choice it would be the 6 every time i have owned the 6 for 15yrs and except for the usual routine servicing parts the only thing i have needed to change has been the siren.Plus the tap and stop brakes still feel the same as the day i bought it.

we call our gen7 " victoria " (spongy brakes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.