Which Outdoor Waterproof Cover for Vert?

Yep you got it mate . I think izzy was saying to sew the tape aswell because the selfadisive on the tape wouldn't be strong enough or wouldn't last long enough . But i would say with the waterproof glue aswell it should be fine . If you cut off the frayed ends should be a good clean fix instead of bundled up .

Like the new avatar :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep you got it mate . I think izzy was saying to sew the tape aswell because the selfadisive on the tape wouldn't be strong enough or wouldn't last long enough . But i would say with the waterproof glue aswell it should be fine . If you cut off the frayed ends should be a good clean fix instead of bundled up .

Like the new avatar :D

I'm still lost on the sewing bit - nevermind - lol :doh: I'm sure I'll get there oneday! :lol:

The first cover I bought was a single layer and I found it leaked and trapped water in between, (dirty water) so it was pretty pointless in keeping it covered in the first place.

The wind ripped it off and it was binned.

The double layered has stayed waterproof after 9 months of use, I tied loops into the material to tie it to all four wheels otherwise it will blow away in heavy wind. The other problem i found was on the gt4 after a good run i have to leave it to cool down if i put the cover on otherwise the heat from the bonnet vent will melt the fabric.

Mine is just a large cover not model specific and it fits fine when i fold the mirrors in, other thing to watch for is if you have an alarm with proxy sensors it can set them off, so I just disable mine when the covers on.

The first cover I bought was a single layer and I found it leaked and trapped water in between, (dirty water) so it was pretty pointless in keeping it covered in the first place.

The double layered has stayed waterproof after 9 months of use, I tied loops into the material to tie it to all four wheels otherwise it will blow away in heavy wind. The other problem i found was on the gt4 after a good run i have to leave it to cool down if i put the cover on otherwise the heat from the bonnet vent will melt the fabric.

Mine is just a large cover not model specific and it fits fine when i fold the mirrors in, other thing to watch for is if you have an alarm with proxy sensors it can set them off, so I just disable mine when the covers on.

This is why Ken got me the Halfords one, I did the same with the tie to all four wheels and it has remained waterproof as well , well worth the money

Cheers Mate :thumbs:

Shaun take note - u'r getting a full cover!

I'll see when my arrives (1/2 cover) if the extra side straps will withhold the wind and after 9months will see how long it will last :)

Cheers Mate :thumbs:

Shaun take note - u'r getting a full cover!

I'll see when my arrives (1/2 cover) if the extra side straps will withhold the wind and after 9months will see how long it will last :)

I hope it's a good 1 wayne it is twin layer and wasn't cheap . Well not cheap for a car cover but don't mind paying it to stop the cats directly on the roof :o This is what i got wayne

http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/198/Waterproof_Breathable_Full_Car_Cover.html

Edited by shaungtr

I hope it's a good 1 wayne it is twin layer and wasn't cheap . Well not cheap for a car cover but don't mind paying it to stop the cats directly on the roof :o This is what i got wayne

http://www.care4car...._Car_Cover.html

Did u get the medium size one?

Then that's cheap - cheaper than my 1/2 cover by miles!

I like the driver door zip and carrying case - well done! :thumbs:

Let us know when it arrives!

This is why Ken got me the Halfords one, I did the same with the tie to all four wheels and it has remained waterproof as well , well worth the money

Oh - no, not Halfords! :lol:

But, they do sell some cracking products (non-Halfords brand anyway) :D

Interested to see what yours is like Shaun,as I'm planning on having CJN mothballed over winter( though will be regularly running her up to temp with the odd foray to end of road to keep things sweet)

Uncle Bob had a top notch one I think,I enquired about this last year...couple of hundred quid,but you get what you pay for.US site,about a 4 layer job but fully waterproof and just as important,breathable with soft underlayer...as mentioned though,if you keep a car outside for a length of time,its worth giving it an airing once in a while,dish of bicarb in the footwells,and watch the damp from the cold or damp ground rising up...this is where undersealing properly in the good weather comes in.

For general weatherproofing though,I reckon that one youre getting could be a good interim bet if its breathable enough.BTW I use a couple of bungees hooked together so the join is under centre of car,with the hooks wrapped.keeps the cover nice and secure but not too tight to the bodywork.

I just checked out Halfords - sounds like another bargain (and at special offer) good reviews too:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_565257_langId_-1_categoryId_165611#tab1

Just one thing that caught my eye: "On soft top convertibles you must cover the textile hood with a protective cloth to prevent abrasion"

Does that mean the THREE layers dosen't even include a nice fleece layer underneath?

I just checked out Halfords - sounds like another bargain (and at special offer) good reviews too:

http://www.halfords....yId_165611#tab1

Just one thing that caught my eye: "On soft top convertibles you must cover the textile hood with a protective cloth to prevent abrasion"

Does that mean the THREE layers dosen't even include a nice fleece layer underneath?

http://www.halfords....yId_165611#tab1

no the inner isnt fleece but it is very good, my cotton sheet cost me £2.50 from the local charity shop.

No pros will let you guys no when it arives as to what it's like . Thought the zip would be handy to air out the car time to time just unzip and open the door .

Good idea with the bicarb & bungies Darren :D

Edited by shaungtr

no the inner isnt fleece but it is very good, my cotton sheet cost me £2.50 from the local charity shop.

Ok - thks!

Cotton not good enough for body work?

No pros will let you guys no when it arives as to what it's like . Thought the zip would be handy to air out the car time to time just unzip and open the door .

Good idea whith the bicarb & bungies Darren :D

Yes - nice one darren for the heads-up! :thumbs:

The cotton sheet lies against the car, if the cover moves with the wind it moves against the sheet so doesnt rub against the paintwork.

My cover has been off three times to check the car since mid December and it has been fine

All aranged wayne to go pic the gen 4 vert up early thursday affternoon :woohoo::D

Get packing(hat. Scarf. Cool glasses)!

Enjoy her and watch all other drivers respect for u!

Got me 1/2 cover in 2 days! Yippee!

But no side strap :-(

Email reply say thy changed design due to complaints!

I ll try it out after easter (taking subaru to bristol - moreboot space).

Comes with nice felt carrying case.

Gona miss me gen4 now the sun is out and i cant drive her for 4 days :-(

Get packing(hat. Scarf. Cool glasses)!

Enjoy her and watch all other drivers respect for u!

Got me 1/2 cover in 2 days! Yippee!

But no side strap :-(

Email reply say thy changed design due to complaints!

I ll try it out after easter (taking subaru to bristol - moreboot space).

Comes with nice felt carrying case.

Gona miss me gen4 now the sun is out and i cant drive her for 4 days :-(

You meen you goy sunshine ? It's bloody freezing hear already got me hat gloves and scarf on and that's in the house lol :lol: .Have a good safe trip mate

You meen you goy sunshine ? It's bloody freezing hear already got me hat gloves and scarf on and that's in the house lol :lol: .Have a good safe trip mate

Been dried since last night.

But real sunny all today :)

Trying to work out where u are mate - Aberdeen?

Just remember, u have hat/glove/scarf - no excuse NOT have the hood down for the drive back with your new Gen4 vert! :P

Edited by chan110

Im in The Forest Of Dean Gloustershire A little vilage called Ruardean . And realy we talk like this Zurry obut how bist thee :D i b fine but asgood enit zurry

Ho ho sunshine at last ho it's gone again :(

Edited by shaungtr

Im in The Forest Of Dean Gloustershire A little vilage called Ruardean . And realy we talk like this Zurry obut how bist thee :D i b fine but asgood enit zurry

Ho ho sunshine at last ho it's gone again :(

sorry mate..u hav mentioned it a few times (forest) ...

I must get out more! :-)

Now memory loss as well as brain dead - lol

Still we want some pics of u with hood down driving bak on thurs!

Shout at the driver u r overtakin and get em to take pic an thn email bak to u - if u have to! :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.