205/45/17 or 225/45/17. Pilot Sport 3

Gstraw

Hey

For those of you getting a bit confused ive edited my first post completely instead of making a new one.

So I was thinking of getting rainsport 2 in 215/45/17 however read some reviews that said they are no better in the wet than some other good tyres and the uniroyals have gone up in price a lot.

so im thinking michellin pilot sports 3- heard great reviews but they only do 205/45/17 OR 225/45/17.

I currently have toyo t1R which are 215/45/17 on the fronts and the rear ones (currently 205/45/17) need replaced

so whats your thoughts on the tyre and size?

thanks!

oh and they are going on my GT Tech 5 rims which are 205/45/17 as standard I thought but I liked the extra sidewall protection and it fills the arches nicely!

Edited by Gstraw

see i have never found black circles cheap but a lot of people buy tyres from CCUK on there...is there a discount code or something?

for example- fully fitted from black cirlces is £123.14 per corner...thats a lot me thinks. might just have to get the ebay ones which works out to £80.50 each then pay arund £10 for fitting.

another thing- anyone ever used the richbrook valves? are they any good?

umm i cant remeber- i just searched for 215 45 17. last time camskill didnt price match ebay.

BUT ive jsut been reading some not so great reviews on the Rainsports so im thining of Pilot Sports.

I wanted 215 45 17 however they dont do them in that size so is it best to stay stock size (205/45/17) or get the 225/45/17. these ones will prob be at the back. what are peoples general thoughts

hmm okay :(

ive been running 205 and 215 for a year with no VSC issues so didnt think i would have any.

was thinking of the rainsport 2 instead of the Toyo's if the rainsport are much better in the rain but now im hearing mixed reviews :s

Bigger ones on the front, surely that looks a bit strange? What about fitting 4 new ones & selling the toyos on? Serratia & a few others on here really rate the Rainsports.

I've had T1R's on the fronts before but would never go back to them with the dreary weather we have.

what you running just now J03 and what size? its a shame since the T1r were fantastic but mayve they are limited to just the dry- wet was good initially but i think they like a bit of temperature in the tarmac.

the size difference doesnt make the front looks strage at all which im glad about- just looks like the front is a few mm lower than the back since it fills out the arches and i prefer the look and practicality of the 215/45/17

I've got Kumho KU39 on all round @ 215 45 17, getting some arch rubbing with the rear 27mm spacers but that'll be cured soon once the arches are rolled & the TEINs are fitted B)

I do prefer the slightly more stretched look of 205s if I'm honest & the higher profile seems to be unsettled more if you hit a bump through faster corners, but for the extra comfort they offer on a normal drive it's really hard to go back to the 205s.

Still loving the rainsport 2s, very little wheel spin except when you floor it in damp conditions when setting off. Never lost traction when on the move. Corners a hell of a lot better. Also tested them in heavy snow behind a BMW that was fish tailing wildly, mine didn't miss a beat! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.