What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

Guest Ambermile

GPS locator. :D

post-39140-0-57559600-1459551366_thumb.jpg

It went to Norfolk. :cry:

Also the oil sandwich plate for the oil temp and pressure takeoff.

Edited by Ambermile

I'm having a knob addiction...attachicon.gifIMG_20160401_175314_HDR.jpg

Where were these from pal? Liking both myself

e710bc7e152b1cbb43685b554b6631d7.jpg

Not exactly in the post but got Halfrauds to price match down from £330 to £294.95...this afternoons little project

Oh and these came the other day...forgot about posting on here

HEL braided lines in red - direct from HEL £80 (not fitted yet)

373ba495c6a5ba394d13d5e47ddc3ce6.jpg

Gen 7 steering wheel with airbag £35 delivered (now fitted in my Gen 6 - and airbag light coming on and going off as it should) the cherry on the cake after picking up the Gen 7 leather interior from Ben the other week

59316e7f9c457c2ec7e57c05ec07de19.jpg

Oh and Muteki steel extended nuts in black as the original tuner nut key for the ones that came with the alloys had rounded off to a silly level

b19ce56208d313d6ca4056e124c431c0.jpg

I need to start a progress thread

• Like 2

Where were these from pal? Liking both myself

e710bc7e152b1cbb43685b554b6631d7.jpg

Not exactly in the post but got Halfrauds to price match down from £330 to £294.95...this afternoons little project

Oh and these came the other day...forgot about posting on here

HEL braided lines in red - direct from HEL £80 (not fitted yet)

373ba495c6a5ba394d13d5e47ddc3ce6.jpg

Gen 7 steering wheel with airbag £35 delivered (now fitted in my Gen 6 - and airbag light coming on and going off as it should) the cherry on the cake after picking up the Gen 7 leather interior from Ben the other week

59316e7f9c457c2ec7e57c05ec07de19.jpg

Oh and Muteki steel extended nuts in black as the original tuner nut key for the ones that came with the alloys had rounded off to a silly level

b19ce56208d313d6ca4056e124c431c0.jpg

I need to start a progress thread

where did you get the extended nuts from ?

Funky Power UK £70

Was torn between red or black ha!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262355505200

thats good and did you get locking wheel nuts as well obviously not same ones ive been looking for some external wheel nuts for a possible set of aftermarket alloys and came up with these :

http://www.driftworks.com/gt50-steel-wheel-nuts-with-key-5-colours-available.html

Edited by celica1977

thats good and did you get locking wheel nuts as well obviously not same ones ive been looking for some external wheel nuts for a possible set of aftermarket alloys and came up with these :

http://www.driftworks.com/gt50-steel-wheel-nuts-with-key-5-colours-available.html

Yeah I saw those too, look the same pal, I was looking at the red ones from there...then I saw the red Muteki ones from Funky Power and they looked a better "fit" colour wise for the other red bits on my car...then bottled it and went black as my previous nuts were black!

The red ones from driftworks looked more a pink-red so didn't want to risk it, but then it depends on who took the product shot and edited it for web - I'm a graphic/web designer so see the same product with two different colours of red...so played it safe with the black....you'll be ok with gold.

As for locking nuts...didn't get any this time.

The ones that came with the alloys were the short open ended tuner nuts where the key slides inside the nut...you get two keys, one smaller than the other

My mechanic pal f*cked the key up for them last time with his air gun, and also banged the wrong key in the wrong size nut so that you could only take them off with the normal key anyway rendering the locking nut a normal nut on all corners...so that was another reason...the keys are cheap...and my pal is only used for shit I can't be arsed doing now ...another lesson learnt.

My wheels weren't that expensive plus I've a camera pointing at it 24/7 when at home.

The ones I bought were a 20pk so all same, far better quality...I have seen 16pks but the locking nut I saw is completely different looks wise...so there's another reason...I wanted them all to look the same haha

• Like 1

Yeah I saw those too, look the same pal, I was looking at the red ones from there...then I saw the red Muteki ones from Funky Power and they looked a better "fit" colour wise for the other red bits on my car...then bottled it and went black as my previous nuts were black!

The red ones from driftworks looked more a pink-red so didn't want to risk it, but then it depends on who took the product shot and edited it for web - I'm a graphic/web designer so see the same product with two different colours of red...so played it safe with the black....you'll be ok with gold.

As for locking nuts...didn't get any this time.

The ones that came with the alloys were the short open ended tuner nuts where the key slides inside the nut...you get two keys, one smaller than the other

My mechanic pal f*cked the key up for them last time with his air gun, and also banged the wrong key in the wrong size nut so that you could only take them off with the normal key anyway rendering the locking nut a normal nut on all corners...so that was another reason...the keys are cheap...and my pal is only used for shit I can't be arsed doing now ...another lesson learnt.

My wheels weren't that expensive plus I've a camera pointing at it 24/7 when at home.

The ones I bought were a 20pk so all same, far better quality...I have seen 16pks but the locking nut I saw is completely different looks wise...so there's another reason...I wanted them all to look the same haha

yeah cheers for that info , i was looking and thought id get a set of these plus a good set of locking wheel nuts as the wheels im hoping to get is a £350 set of wolfrace asiatec jdms so would like them to be secure :)

• Like 1

yeah cheers for that info , i was looking and thought id get a set of these plus a good set of locking wheel nuts as the wheels im hoping to get is a £350 set of wolfrace asiatec jdms so would like them to be secure :)

I've just been outside to test a theory...I don't think you'd be able to get these off without the key that comes with them anyway.

You need a standard 19mm socket for the key but the key then slides over the slim nut allowing you to remove....just discovered it has two sizes and the original breaker bar that came with the Gen6 also fits the key

20373301d239f72caf8cea52016bd024.jpg

Without socket you can see it has a step up/down so can accommodate two socket sizes

fba23877e3733cf576c112b6102a2924.jpg

You can't get a standard socket in the gap left between nut and lug hole...on my wheels that is, but I would suspect they are designed in that way for that purpose, among others.

c81a1cd398357f35d46c1b18356ca856.jpg

So I'm swaying towards not having the need for locking nuts...someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Oh and here's a pic of the original "tuner" open ended nuts...rusting after 10months...another reason I wanted them off

8ca07431b874ec27ce7d6495398ad931.jpg

Chewed up key - I got a replacement for £2.95 delivered and that nearly went on me on the very last nut when swapping over...may have been slightly over tightened, but still they are poor.

4d67e271c5c054801443bf56b15ad91c.jpg

16d942df298b6806d4464aadb6c0055d.jpg

Everything about the Muteki nuts and key just feels 10x better quality...

Just a note...the original nuts were part of a "free fitting kit" with the wheel/tyre bundle at £600...wheels £400 and £50 a corner for tyres., Nangkang or whatever they're called..so they aren't gonna be great.

I've just been outside to test a theory...I don't think you'd be able to get these off without the key that comes with them anyway.

You need a standard 19mm socket for the key but the key then slides over the slim nut allowing you to remove....just discovered it has two sizes and the original breaker bar that came with the Gen6 also fits the key

20373301d239f72caf8cea52016bd024.jpg

Without socket you can see it has a step up/down so can accommodate two socket sizes

fba23877e3733cf576c112b6102a2924.jpg

You can't get a standard socket in the gap left between nut and lug hole...on my wheels that is, but I would suspect they are designed in that way for that purpose, among others.

c81a1cd398357f35d46c1b18356ca856.jpg

So I'm swaying towards not having the need for locking nuts...someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Oh and here's a pic of the original "tuner" open ended nuts...rusting after 10months...another reason I wanted them off

8ca07431b874ec27ce7d6495398ad931.jpg

Chewed up key - I got a replacement for £2.95 delivered and that nearly went on me on the very last nut when swapping over...may have been slightly over tightened, but still they are poor.

4d67e271c5c054801443bf56b15ad91c.jpg

16d942df298b6806d4464aadb6c0055d.jpg

Everything about the Muteki nuts and key just feels 10x better quality...

Just a note...the original nuts were part of a "free fitting kit" with the wheel/tyre bundle at £600...wheels £400 and £50 a corner for tyres., Nangkang or whatever they're called..so they aren't gonna be great.

yeah i wont be touching internal alloys but external steel ones , hmm interesting regarding about the nuts , i see the spline nuts sometimes work and sometimes they dont either way it will be steel .

thats why i wouldnt be using the free kits that they provide as they would certainly be alloy and not steel cheers for the info :)

Edited by celica1977

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.