Anyone used Hankook tyres

rpsmith79

Just wondering is anyone has used/currently using Hankook tyres

The reason i ask is that i am having great difficulty finding some decent performance tyres for my 16 x 8" wheels, the only tyres i can find in 215/45 16 sizes are not what i would call sport tyres (apart from a couple), and all pretty expensive

But looking on Camskill website i spotted the Hankook RS2's, and on reading some reviews they get some very good write ups, especially from people taking them on track, and the other bonus is that they are pretty cheap too

Now normally i try to avoid cheap tyres, but they are usually Champiro or Nexan or some other ditch finder, but Hankook seem to have developed their tyres primarily from Motorsport, but keep prices low due to manufacturing in Korea

http://www.modified....ires/index.html

http://www.tyrerevie...us-RS2-Z212.htm

On the way to watch this years Jim Clark rally I had a puncture in my wifes Focus.

It had new Goodyear Eagles on it and I was gutted!

I couldn't drive around with the spacesaver on all weekend so I stopped at a tyre place in a small vilage.....the only tyre that they had that matched the tread was a Hankook RS2....so I got one fitted.

I have to say that it outperforms the Goodyears because I can go round right hand corners quicker than I can go round left!!

I had some hankooks on my last car, they seemed to handle great in the dry, well worth the money. Cannot tell you how well wearing they are as the car was toeing in unknowing to me and I wore them bald in 6 months.

Had 'kooks on the Tech's and they were great with decent tread - they do wear quickly though and once they reach the limit they are, well, sh!t. Mine did me about 10k miles.

With plenty of tread, great tyre but no real life-span.

I agree fully with all this. I had a pair of hankooks a few years ago on a ST202. They were impressive from the first drive but I had a lot of negitive camber, the insides wore in less than 10K and then it was dodgy in the rain and snow.

So a very good tyre but quite soft so wear quickly

Cool, cheers

But i may have another option now, just doing some digging on the net and i cam across a guy in the US with a Gen 5 GT running the exact same alloys in the exact same size and running 245/45 16 tyres which i thought would be way too wide for the arch to strut clearance, but seemingly not, now i wouldn't want to go 245/45 as they are about 3% too big, but at least it gives me options to fit wider tyres, so i'm now looking at options for 225/45 16's which is 0.3% on the large side but many more manufactures make this size tyre

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.