Washing and waxing in the rain!?!

So I had put today aside for cleaning, polishing and waxing the car ready for the party tomorrow and naturally sods law dictates that it was raining!!! :angry:

So what to do? Give up and come with a filthy car that has not been washed for weeks or get out there in the rain and make the best of it?

Then a thought struck me, I remembered a product that I had looked at in the summer but never got round to trying, Auto Glym’s Aqua Wax. A spray on wax that can be applied to a wet car and is safe for use on all paint, rubber, glass and trim surfaces. Well the car would certainly be wet, and having not had any polish or wax anywhere near it since the summer I figured its got to be worth a try. £13.99 at your local Halfords and comes with 2 microfibers.

Gave the car a good hosing, washed her down and then set to with the Aqua Wax all the time in persistent drizzle! And I have to say the results speak for themselves. What an amazing product. Just spray on and wipe off, then buff with the second cloth. Car is now clean any shiny and water is beading nicely on all surfaces :D

Now obviously this is no substitute for a full on polish and wax, be interesting to see how long the finish lasts, but as a top up or half way measure or quick do when time does not allow for the full works this is excellent stuff. I highly recommend this to anyone.

One small note, there is no mention on packaging as to whether its safe to use over Vinals, stickers etc, so I kept it away from the sunstripe and club logos ;)

WetWax1.jpg

WetWax2.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.