Washing tomorrow?..

Kev 16v

Just a quick word of warning to anyone planning on getting the wash bucket out tomorrow..grit!.

The two non garaged cars were washed this morning and I spent ages with the hose pipe trying to blast all the crap off the cars with the gun set on "jet" ("spray" just wasn't moving the dried on grit). Eventually the paintwork looked smooth enough to apply the loaded wash mitt, but I didn't bother drying either car as I wanted to avoid dragging the "water wizard" over the paintwork. So both have been left to air dry in the breeze.

It's a good idea to clean the wiper blades of grit too, and check the rain channels for debris such as leaves and twigs.

Lets hope we get some drier weather next week.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Kev 16v

Yep! Bloody wind.

I find the easiest way to dry the car is using a open ended hose pipe! If the car is well sealed/wax'd you can push most of the water off with a open ended hose. Then the last drops of water can be 'dabbed' with a decent fluffy dying towel.

No scratches, swirls or marks then. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.