Dial kit for T Sport

:thumbs:

No problem Oaksey, glad you like them. Mook and I spent a while getting them exactly how I wanted them. Top bloke, really does a quality job.

Fitting is the dials is easy, its swapping the smts that's very fiddly. I used a standard soldering iron tip, not knowing that you can get smaller ones which is what might have made it a bit easier. If you do a search you should find my old posts detailing the fitting.

Here's a pic of my old dials, look awful don't they!

IMGP1431-1.jpg

And here is a pic of the circuitboard as I was halfway through changing to the white smts. You have to swap 23 smts. You can see the 10 that I have swapped that are lit up. But if you look where the LCD panel sits showing your fuel and temp, there are 13 more to do there. In the pic you can see there are 4 New smts fitted in this area but they are not lit, it took me a while to work out they will only light up when you reconnect the LCD display. I spent a while swapping them around and trying to get to work before I realised this! If this is your first time I would allow a full day to do this including painting your needles and recalibrating using a satnav

IMGP1433.jpg

I also swapped my headlight, fog light and seatbelt warning light for pink! You can also my old needles in this pic that I wasn't happy with.

pink5.jpg

Hi Serratia, I've still got my old dials in, waiting patiently for mook to send me a picture, I'm getting excited now!

Not only do you have great dials, Your car is my colour, one day oh one day******* so so jelous, when we meet up one of these days, I'll be the one boggle eyed and dribbling down my chin, what a lovely motor my friend. :)

[

how do you atach more than 1 photo a time?

it keeps sayin error file size too big, how do i compress the file size

oh, they have gone on the same post anyway lol

don't 'attach' photos. you only get a very limited amount of space to keep pics.

get a photobucket account, upload the pics there, and then paste the IMG code in here

Edited by InsolentMinx

Razor, if you talk to Diablo on here he does the fitting of the SMTs, he also at the same time fits your new gauge face, and can do your needles too :)

Mine were Blue just like that, they look brilliant in the day and at night :)

cheers, will have to put this on hold as my workhorse (mondeo for work) needs new clutch and flywheel doing. fooking hydraulics went last night on my way home. left me stuck. so thats gonna be about £700. tax man wants paying at the end of the month and work is always quiet this time of yr. so gonna get some cash built up, and will have to book some time off work and arrange to take a trip to lincoln,

He goes out for a drive. The tickover on his car he obviously knows when its warm, so the RPM is no problem. I got mine back and the MPH was out by about 3MPH but on the good side ;) So I left it like that, I did a check up to 90MPH via GPS and at 90MPH on the GPS it was around 85MPH on the Celica so I just left it as it wasnt worth farting about with :)

Its an easy to do thing anyway, when you get the dials back, just remove the perspex from the front of the dials and connect them up being careful obviously.

Before you get them done, make sure your cars warm and tick over is where it usually is, and you can see where its pointing on the RPM so when you get them back you know if its right or wrong. They are only a gentle push fit so are easily removed for adjustment and push lightly on again.... NOT TO HARD like I did or the needle gets stuck and doesnt return lol :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.