1. 1. What do you use

• Handbrake
    • Gears
    • Both

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use the handbrake, unless the brakes are very hot, in which case just leave it in gear.

Good call, I usually try to avoid rolling to a complete stop or staying on brakes once stopped if they're hot too.

As for failed handbrakes, its only happened to me once (in my first Nova, says it all :lol:) on a steep hill in Brizzle. Snapped as I pulled it on in stop/start traffic. Had to ease my way up the hill on the clutch and footbrake :lol:

No system stays secure and alramed incase of theft, but can start and leave car running for 10 minutes then shuts down again, it also has hoilday mode so when away for a while car will start and run for ten minutes to stop battery failing later.

its quite cool really for winter.

Lucky so and so :(

Do your doors not become unlocked when you start the car ?

How much did that system cost if don't mind asking?

Only thing is, doesn't the rear windscreen & wing mirror de-mister button need pressing every startup?

You can pick them up fairly cheap - I've got a Falcon Predator which has remote start. Only problem is I disconnected some of the wiring a while back and now can't remember how to get that function working again :lol:

As for electrics, you could wire in a relay to operate the heated elements too. Not sure about the holiday mode though - I was under the impression for the alternator to produce enough charge to replenish the battery properly you need to be over 2krpm? So if the car is sat there idling it would just drain the battery faster?

Defo want a remote start for next winter. What's the range like on them? Like for example I park like 1500 metres maybe more away from my college coz the campus is so big, could I start it up in class lol?

I presume it has the exact same range as your alarm fob :mellow:

i tend to leave the hand brake on only, but i always turn the wheels into the curb just in case it decides to go for a roll. that way it wont go that far.

I was gonna mention that too... turn the wheels to the kerb :thumbs:

usually handbrake unless it's a steep hill where I'll put it in gear too.

Not sure about the holiday mode though - I was under the impression for the alternator to produce enough charge to replenish the battery properly you need to be over 2krpm? So if the car is sat there idling it would just drain the battery faster?

I was just thinking that...

LOL hmmm now you say it... Embarrassing....

I think i am right in saying that you are only legally allowed to use it when the car is off the road, on a driveway etc, if you car was parked on the street then you are not allowed/supposed to use remote start

I only use my handbrake, im very forgetful and will most likley forget the cars in gear and smash it into the garage lol. My drive slopes up to the house and have only used the handbrake for years and its never gone wrong so far (touch wood)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.