HID for MOT?

annibee

its just next year u might have a problem. i asked about them when mine went in for its Mot last month and the guy said he is not 100% sure about them yet as he was waiting for all his new paper work to come though. he said i can go back to him in January and read the bits that wont be legal. so i will do a thread about it all when i read it all.

:( I dont know anyone and the MOT is up in Jan.........poo! anyone know anyone in the Essex area?! lol

you can mot your car up to 30 days prior to its expiry date and get the balance of the old certificate added on,you dont have to wait until the expiry date of your existing test .hid lights have been mentioned on the revisions for the mot test ,but nothing is confirmed as yet Edited by tctech

you can mot your car up to 30 days prior to its expiry date and get the balance of the old certificate added on,you dont have to wait until the expiry date of your existing test .hid lights have been mentioned on the revisions for the mot test ,but nothing is confirmed as yet

Ill have a look at the certificate later and see when the earliest is.

its just next year u might have a problem. i asked about them when mine went in for its Mot last month and the guy said he is not 100% sure about them yet as he was waiting for all his new paper work to come though. he said i can go back to him in January and read the bits that wont be legal. so i will do a thread about it all when i read it all.

that would be really helpful thanks!

I'll do a post when I take mine and say what they say.

What a load of crap, I hate the DVLA, must have self cleaning..... these rules must be produce by someone farting lol.

Guess ill be paying my mot man a little extra to put me through, failing that Ill just pop the standards in for the MOT and put the HID's in after...

Edited by RoryK

yer i wont be getting rid off mine,standerd bulbs are shit,cant see anything,and this time of year i feel alot safer with hids,would never go back to standerd set up now

yer i wont be getting rid off mine,standerd bulbs are shit,cant see anything,and this time of year i feel alot safer with hids,would never go back to standerd set up now

Same, I dont think I could ever go back to standard bulbs, only thing that lets the Gen7 down on the test is that we dont have self cleaning jets for the headlights.

DVLA are almost as annoying as health and safety with their perdantic rules.

What about the cars that are comming out of factory with them fitted but dont have the self cleaning options though ? It does mention if they have self adjustment, and a projector style headlamp it will be ok ....

According to some MOT sites, aslong as they have the same beam pattern, do not show too much blue, and are adjusted as to not dazzle drivers they can be passed...

Another site suggests cars that have been lowered will also get a bonus towards the passmark as your less likely to dazzle someone providing the HID's are setup correctly.

Apparently they want to faze out VOSA aswell, which only means it will go to the government.... either that or no VOSA = Mad Max lol

Edited by RoryK

to be honest i think with less police about,last thing there gonna have time for is to check peoples headlight bulbs and see if they have hids or not,think they are more important issues that the police should be tacklein,as long as your not blinding anyone and the light is set up correct and a good beam pattern and you dont go silly and go above 6000k then i dont see what the problem is,people can see you better and you can see the road better,everyones happy.

you will find that the mot test and structure of such are not drawn up by vosa, these stupid rules are actually made in parliament by your so called mp,s ..vosa has very little input nowadays into the structure of the mot test .it just polices the test stations and testers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.