Leaving the celica fold :(

Sillycar GT

It saddens me to say this but i have decided to part ways with my celica, mainly because i wanted something newer and to be honest, i need boost in my life! Running costs and insurance at my age meant i couldn't afford anything japanese, and to be fair most of the turbo jap stuff is quite dated..

I've enjoyed my time with the celica, and with the celica club! The few of you i have met in person, it has been a pleasure! The celica is still for sale, but i've had someone make me a reasonable offer so hopefully it will be gone by the weekend! I have a new car, it's quite different to what i'm used to but i love it!

It's an 03 plate Seat Leon cupra, which has the widely used 1.8T engine, which is currently making a tadge over 200bhp (180bhp standard) It's got lots of electrical items and buttons for me to break, and it's actually a fair bit cheaper to insure than the celica, it is also an aweful lot quicker than the celica :D

Bad times!

Might be a golf clone, but at least its a bit nicer lookin I s'pose!

Just be carefull typing VAG into a google to find a new car club! Especially if you're at work! :laugh2:

Edited by Adex

Sorry top hear this bud but you should hang about :)

My mates just sold up his s14 and got the Cupra R, not bad considering its a golf ;) still preffered his 300bhp s14 though

Bad case of 'foot stuck on accelerator' here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x6Lnk-EHZM

Edited by RoryK

It saddens me to say this but i have decided to part ways with my celica, mainly because i wanted something newer and to be honest, i need boost in my life! Running costs and insurance at my age meant i couldn't afford anything japanese, and to be fair most of the turbo jap stuff is quite dated..

I've enjoyed my time with the celica, and with the celica club! The few of you i have met in person, it has been a pleasure! The celica is still for sale, but i've had someone make me a reasonable offer so hopefully it will be gone by the weekend! I have a new car, it's quite different to what i'm used to but i love it!

It's an 03 plate Seat Leon cupra, which has the widely used 1.8T engine, which is currently making a tadge over 200bhp (180bhp standard) It's got lots of electrical items and buttons for me to break, and it's actually a fair bit cheaper to insure than the celica, it is also an aweful lot quicker than the celica :D

That's exactly what my mate mentioned in another thread has - it's standard. It has terrible Build quality, blandest interior ever and is basically horrible to be in. However it does pull well, you can easily be the wrong side of a ton and not notice. It's not that fast at getting there though, I could keep up with it with ease in the Celica and can keep it within reach in the Civic (thraping it mind!). The speedo is also a bit optimistic, so there's a good change we weren't actually the wrong side of a ton at time of testing...

However, next door has the top of the range WRC homologation model (forget what it's called) - now THAT is awesome!

Yeah the build quality is pretty poor, I have an 01 plate Ibiza and there's plenty of rattles and bits going wrong (mainly electrical)....the celi is just in a different league...

The 20vt is a superb engine though. Good luck with the Leon :thumbs:

Edited by Alistair_GT

See i disagree, the interior is far far nicer than the celica, it handles well and after coming from the celica which has coilovers thats saying something! It's not as revvy as the celica, or as manic, much smoother and refined. But so much quicker! Yeah to 60 it would be relatively close, but mid range grunt is bonkers! I will always love the celica, but this car is something else!

I have heard nout but good things about the 1.8T engines, they are capable of some mage miles too :)

Is that video taken in an s14?

Driver says its a 1.8?

No thats the Cupra R, sorry looking back at what I wrote it sounds like I am saying its my mate and his s14 lol. may have confused it. Thats not my mate, nor his S14 lol.

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.