good news for me

Bumblebee

just had an email saying my replacement circuitworx oil pump is winging its way to me yaay

just ordered the rest of my partsfrom mr T , timing chain, slippers gaskets seals etc so when it goes into se7ens next month for cams i can get it all sorted in one go

looking forward to getting those cams

I'm guessing it's because he wants to track it at some point mate, esp with the CW oil pump? But granted, the temptation is there to renew certain parts whilst the expert is at work ;)

Edited by J03

Hey. I'm getting cams done too hopefully.

What other stuff you doing to the car and is it because your car needs it or just an upgrade of stuff while your at it?

Xheers

Circuitworx oil pump, new timing chain,tensioner and guides

just turned over 100k miles so Just for piece of mind really, not 100% sure whether or not she will get the rotrex next year yet but if she does then this work will be done ready , just wish i could have afforded the new sump too but that will have to wait for next year.

Recently had a huge alloy rad , new water pump and cooler stat fitted too so hopefully i am going the right way to keeping her cool and keeping the oil flowing.

I HAD to replace those parts when my timing chain went at well under 50k miles. It's never to early to upgrade parts lol.

Personally whilst mine was a rare occurance (chain had been on and off at least 4 times prior to breaking) if cams are being done and you have a higher mileage engine that you are comtemplating charging then for the sake of £100 a new chain is peace of mind seeing as cost to repair mine came in at £2k

I HAD to replace those parts when my timing chain went at well under 50k miles. It's never to early to upgrade parts lol.

Personally whilst mine was a rare occurance (chain had been on and off at least 4 times prior to breaking) if cams are being done and you have a higher mileage engine that you are comtemplating charging then for the sake of £100 a new chain is peace of mind seeing as cost to repair mine came in at £2k

OUCH

Nearer £600 though for all the bits but still better than 2K and all the heartbreak and hassle

just fortunate my oil pump was recalled before it was fitted , dont know what would have happened if it had as it was from a bad batch which were out of spec ,one of which was showing excessive wear and apparently was very noisy, good after sales from mwr in contacting me tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.