Problem starting the car

karm3ll

The battery was replaced a few days before JAE (the reason my car wasn't there). It just being moody and weather dependent. It's usually ok if the weather is nice and warm, but starts playing up like this if it gets cold or rains. I'm wondering if it's somehow alarm/immobiliser related as this is playing up as well...

It's either the starter solenoid or a bad engine earth, try a jump lead from a good earth on the engine to the negative terminal.

Or if it's the solenoid, it's the copper contacts that more often than not are at fault and can be replaced with these or similar http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250241705448?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1374wt_1064

Sounds to me like it could be the bushes inside the starter motor as the solenoid sounds like it's firing out the starter cog ok.

Take off the starter and test it on the floor with jump leads and a piece of wire, Positive to the battery terminal on it and negative to the casing and touch a link from the positive to the small terminal that goes to you ignition on the starter.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Edited by ArgoS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.