using gen 7 as a delivery car

as some of you may of read i lost my job so i sold my gen 7 yellow jap import

i got myself a blue gen 7 dynamic high milage

i was going to get a delivery driver job to try and tide myself over until i get another job

does anyone do this in there gen 7 is it possible?

I use mine for lugging parts around - can get quite a lot in it. Maybe take out your rear seats too.

My cars on lpg so makes running it very cheap, conversion isnt cheap but well worth it if your planning on keeping the car and doing 25,000 mile a year+

I did deliveries in my celica for about 6 months with Dominos. Its fine tbh, but its not a partucularly hard job for any car to manage.

Just be carefull. I worked out (was a full time member of staff) that i was doing 24,000 mile per year with them. That alot of stress for a car.

Oh, and if you do it, check your insurance. I didnt, but when it came for renewel i read my documentation and it doesnt cover for fast food delivery.

Edited by cs2000

The celica can take the high miles - im on 173,000 miles - have done over 40k in the last year and never missed a beat in the 153,000 miles ive been driving it - keep an eye on your oil is my only advice

I did deliveries in my celica for about 6 months with Dominos. Its fine tbh, but its not a partucularly hard job for any car to manage.

Just be carefull. I worked out (was a full time member of staff) that i was doing 24,000 mile per year with them. That alot of stress for a car.

Oh, and if you do it, check your insurance. I didnt, but when it came for renewel i read my documentation and it doesnt cover for fast food delivery.

And don't forget servicing, doing that sort of mileage you should be servicing every 6,000 miles or so, so 4 services a year, it all adds up, and that is without your regular mileage on top ohmy.gif

most places pay £5.80 - £6 per hour with mileage ontop of that. In my experience, mileage money doesnt cover petrol. nevermind tyres, and other things like brakes and wear and tear on engine.

AMS, thanksa for that. mines on 118k miles and am always worries about something going bang, even though its well looked after. Just never had a car with this mileage on it.

Anyways. As i said, in my personal experience doing that job with this car, it IS possible. Just not too practical in the long term when other guys will be using fiestas and fiat's and such and making money on the mileage rate.

But, if your short on money, take it, you just cant turn down a job, and it will get you by until you can find a propper job.

Edited by cs2000

as some of you may of read i lost my job so i sold my gen 7 yellow jap import

i got myself a blue gen 7 dynamic high milage

i was going to get a delivery driver job to try and tide myself over until i get another job

does anyone do this in there gen 7 is it possible?

done it in my gen 6 for a while, and tbh its not worth it. most of your money will go on fuel, the celica never delivers food without messing it up and you will get fed up climbing out of it 30 times a night especially when its raining

my advice would be to spend a couple of hundred on a corsa 1.7 diesel, they run on fumes and cost buttons to insure and run, made a fortune doing chinesse deliverys in one of them

Good point about the insurance Roy, you would need to get your car insured for work purposes as well as social & domestic

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you lost your job, sold your Gen 7 as you couldn't afford it, then bought another Gen 7 shrug.gif, am i missing something tumbleweed.gif

As said above, if you really need to make money doing deliveries, then buy a cheap as chips diesel eco box with 6 month MOT on it

A guy at dominos used to buy bangers from auctions. Run them till the tax or MOT ran out, then either sell them private or scrap them. He always seemed to make money cos he'd always buy diesels or little 1.2's

My dad runs an indain takeaway, i do deliveries for him in my SS3 every friday and saturday evening. If I were to do deliveries more than 2 days a week, i'd get myself a little hatchback with small engine.

The roads where I do deliveries are attrocious and don't do my coilovers any good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.