gutted ,how quick are corsa vxr`s ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally about some of the mods people do but I don't think of myself in anyway as a "elitist" i'm just saying from my experience chav's drive cars like the Corsa, weather its a VXR or not, its a Corsa

Not saying everyone is but lots of people view certain cars and think they are shite when they have never driven one

Lots of Honda haters for a start - now i had a gen 7 (1ZZ)and for me whilst reliable it was just not a sports coupe as performance was shocking - all show and no go

Wish id have bought the Honda Civic Type R i test drove instead - for me was better in every department bar looks - now i accept a 140 is slow but the CTR was better than a 190 i tried too but in end i could only get the 140

But lots of people on here view them as crap when imo they aint - i really like hondas and would love a NSX

My own car - a GT4 - is for me my dream car as ive always wanted one but whilst i love it i accept others might think its shite but thats their opinion

I accept there are lots of far better cars out there and for what ive spent on it i could have had something spectacular but i do realise that celicas are not the best cars in the world - some people dont seem to

i think certain people want diffrent things,i mean to me its not all about powwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! i try and look at every aspect of the car,whats it look like,handlein,mpg,service costs,how strong is it gonna be,power is not the big all end all,doesnt matter what you get i bet after a week your want more power,and theres always gonna be someone that comes along and kanes your ass one day,its a fact off life.....all that matters is that you enjoy driving what you got i think,if ya seroius about racing take up go karting or track days or time attack.

Edited by looney

my friend has red corsa VXR and it's neck and neck straight line speed wise. However they are the most unreliable things ever, his is a 08 plate now out of warranty and within two months it needed a new radiator, new a/c compressor new wheel bearing and a new MAF.Apparently there are so many issues of pistons melting (although this is probably down to people putting low octane fuel in them)that he is now looking to sell it on for a Japanese car probably a Type R. Enough said really.

Just look how many young lads are on here now - some of the mods they choose to do are chavvy in my opinion

Some people on here have a very smug attitude and are elitist- its only a celica at the end of the day

This. Wind yer necks in. I've seen some 'orrible as fuck Celicas over the years.

Not saying everyone is but lots of people view certain cars and think they are shite when they have never driven one

Lots of Honda haters for a start - now i had a gen 7 (1ZZ)and for me whilst reliable it was just not a sports coupe as performance was shocking - all show and no go

Wish id have bought the Honda Civic Type R i test drove instead - for me was better in every department bar looks - now i accept a 140 is slow but the CTR was better than a 190 i tried too but in end i could only get the 140

But lots of people on here view them as crap when imo they aint - i really like hondas and would love a NSX

My own car - a GT4 - is for me my dream car as ive always wanted one but whilst i love it i accept others might think its shite but thats their opinion

I accept there are lots of far better cars out there and for what ive spent on it i could have had something spectacular but i do realise that celicas are not the best cars in the world - some people dont seem to

i quite like hondas , some are boring as sin but you cant help but enjoy a nice crx

as for chavs i just cant forgive them , spending the sort of money these idiots do on pug 106`s and the like is beyond stupidity , you can buy a quality car for the cost of the paint alone so what is the point ? is a modded corsa really a statement when there friggin loads out there and its all along the same theme ? no , its money after bad , sad to say a friend of mine could only afford a 1.0 festa and yet spent twice on it what it had cost to buy my 200sx , the insurance difference was the cost of the car itself , he would have spent less if he had brought mine before me andddddd would have done more to the gallon as he would have been giving it alot less to do the same speeds

It's the psychology of pack mentality though, innit.

You buy a car, join a forum, see other cars that're modded...you want to make yours unique too...just doesn't matter what car it is. I'm sure there's forums somewhere with marque cars that're loling their arses off at our celicas.

There's forums for modded rover 25's for gods sake, it IS ridiculous spending any amount of money on a car when you think about it. Some of the people on here with supercharged 7's could of bought something like a Noble M12 with the cash that's been spent on their cars over the years...but a) you buy something you can afford at the time and B: spend bits here and there that total up. Most people haven't got the patience to save up lots for a supercar and definitely can't afford the insurance, maintenance and fuel costs associated with them. You just make do with what you got and try to put your own stamp on it. Innit :)

Edited by hypercatjohn

It's the psychology of pack mentality though, innit.

You buy a car, join a forum, see other cars that're modded...you want to make yours unique too...just doesn't matter what car it is. I'm sure there's forums somewhere with marque cars that're loling their arses off at our celicas.

There's forums for modded rover 25's for gods sake, it IS ridiculous spending any amount of money on a car when you think about it. Some of the people on here with supercharged 7's could of bought something like a Noble M12 with the cash that's been spent on their cars over the years...but a) you buy something you can afford at the time and B: spend bits here and there that total up. Most people haven't got the patience to save up lots for a supercar and definitely can't afford the insurance, maintenance and fuel costs associated with them. You just make do with what you got and try to put your own stamp on it. Innit :)

Spot on there mate thumbs.gif

That is the exact reason i bought my Gen 5, i would have loved an Interga Type R (still would), but the price to buy one was 4 times that of the Celica, but i have easily spent that sort of money on my Celica now, but over 3 years, so the only way i could afford a Type R is if i bought a sh*t box and drove it for the next 3 years and saved up all my spare cash, but that would be the dullest 3 years of my life laugh.gif

Spot on there mate thumbs.gif

That is the exact reason i bought my Gen 5, i would have loved an Interga Type R (still would), but the price to buy one was 4 times that of the Celica, but i have easily spent that sort of money on my Celica now, but over 3 years, so the only way i could afford a Type R is if i bought a sh*t box and drove it for the next 3 years and saved up all my spare cash, but that would be the dullest 3 years of my life laugh.gif

Mean to say that if you'd lashed-out and bought an Integra you wouldn't have spent any money on it?

Yeah, right! :lol:

well all i do to my car is upgrade my brakes and suspension.. but it look standered.

That's kind of besides the point. This is more about judging/writing off a whole car manufacturer because of some young, slightly clueless lads who drive badly modified cars.

There's a lotta vauxhalls that would simply trounce the living shit out of even the best Celicas in a lot of departments. But then it's all down to personal taste, the fact a Corsa could beat me in a straight line and even in the twisties isn't something that bothers me. I prefer the look of my Celica..and don't care what anyone else thinks about it in all honesty. But I still wouldn't bash an entire brand of car because of a few bad eggs, I could post chavvy as fuck Celica pics all day, it's not the car, it's the person.

I actually really like the look of the Arctic White Corsa VXR's. There's a dude down my way who has a blue one, and it looks like a compressed Astra VXR lol

When I was looking at buying my Grande Punto, I went to a Fiat/Vauxhall garage and sat inside an Astra VXR. It was awesome - the dials were fancy, the sports seats were very grippy and anything and everything had "VXR" plastered on it. 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds isn't to be sniffed at either. Shame it was out of my budget :lol:

I'm into sports coupes at the mo (thus the celica) but I can imagine in the future (if I go back to wanting a hatchback) then I will be getting something like the Corsa or Astra VXR. Performance and practicality! :thumbs:

But I agree with the above. It's the driver's that make the car what it is. Unfortunately Corsa's have been tagged as 'chavvy' as its all the kids can afford when they pass their test lol. As it's their pride and joy they splash their Sainsbury's wages on it to make it look better and go faster - both, obviously, from their point of view and tastes.

But this thread isn't about how chavvy the old Corsas are; it's about how a dude got trounced by couldn't shake off a Corsa VXR :lol:

I think it's awesome what we can get out of a 1.6 engine with a relatively small turbo in

Edited by dr3bin

I think it's awesome what we can get out of a 1.6 engine with a relatively small turbo in

People always seem to forget the Turboed F1 cars from the late 80's, 1.5 litre turbocharged V6 and V8's producing up to 1,500 BHP in qualifying trim ohmy.gif

200 BHP out of a 1.6 is nothing laugh.gif

People always seem to forget the Turboed F1 cars from the late 80's, 1.5 litre turbocharged V6 and V8's producing up to 1,500 BHP in qualifying trim ohmy.gif

200 BHP out of a 1.6 is nothing laugh.gif

Lol, ok, I should amend that to focus on "road cars" instead of high performance F1 racing vehicles :lol:

Although it would be interesting to drive one of *those* bad boys to work :think:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.