Jolt when letting off accelerator

Last week I notched a slight jolt when lifting off in 2nd

Put a HKS silent power exhaust on at the weekend and all this week it seems much worse

Mainly notice it up to 3rd gear, when letting the accelerator up there is about a second delay then it jolts....it might be that the exhaust has put a slight delay to the revs slowing the car down

Any one else get the jolting, is it normal

I always use the gears to slow down so I am sure I would have noticed before

Timing belt Is very noisy latley and squeaking so could it be that too as I read that can cause a jolt.

Thanks for any help

Edited by Japmodelkits.co.uk

Mine has a delay when easing off, you feel it start to slow about half a second after letting off! The squeak is very common, t'is the aux belt, very easy to fix. You should find all you need to know in the gen 7 wiki!

Mine has a delay when easing off, you feel it start to slow about half a second after letting off! The squeak is very common, t'is the aux belt, very easy to fix. You should find all you need to know in the gen 7 wiki!

Yes that's it about half to one second delay but myne has got worse since putting the HKS on, is yours just up to 3rd gear then not so bad.

Do you think upgrading the panel filter will make this better or worse?

just an idea, do you have electronic throttle control? could it be that the mods are affecting the way it works and so is inducing a delay from when you want the throttle to close to when it actually does? No idea if this could be whats wrong, but its an idea.........

just an idea, do you have electronic throttle control? could it be that the mods are affecting the way it works and so is inducing a delay from when you want the throttle to close to when it actually does? No idea if this could be whats wrong, but its an idea.........

gen 7's throttle is a cable at least i'm pretty sure thats what i lubed the other day oooh err missus.... :D

Yeah it's a cable driven throttle. I get the jolt occasionally in 2nd, too - although not quite as apparent as you guys are describing it as! :/

I've found that if you ease off the accelerator a little before lifting your foot off completely it helps (for me at least - worth a try?)

Edited by dr3bin

I get this jolting, and when in traffic (as I am an hour a day) it can be pretty irritating!

I assumed it was play in the engine mounts, never got worse so I guessed it was nothing to worry about. As above I just ease of the gas alittle more gently to make it less severe

Edited by Chris CW

Yeah it's a cable driven throttle. I get the jolt occasionally in 2nd, too - although not quite as apparent as you guys are describing it as! :/

I've found that if you ease off the accelerator a little before lifting your foot off completely it helps (for me at least - worth a try?)

Yeah just be smooth with the throttle. I still forget though :blush: But like I said it only happens to me when the car is cold so there's my excuse for forgetting B)

Nah I noticed it before I had my custom exhaust built and installed.

My car only jolts in 2nd or 1st if I take my foot completely off the accelerator too fast. If you move it off a bit (so the car starts slowing down due to the closing throttle) before you take it right off it'll help (this is what I do).

Do you guys have aftermarket exhausts, maybe this is the cause as myne was fine last week,

I'm getting lots of jolting when moving slowly in tragic in 1st and 2nd too

Lots of jolting? So are you kangarooing down the road or is it definitely only when you lift off?

Probably not. In first any car will kangaroo when you're just moving along slowly in traffic especially as the revs drop. If you're kangarooing under acceleration then you might get worried. Like people have said try to ease off the accelerator or even just engage the clutch if you're going slow enough. I always roll in neutral in traffic if the circumstances allow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.