DRAWN TOGETHER

LeeW

If i park next to one when shopping i can usually rest easy that no door is going to be smacked into it, that side at least :D

Tesco's? pah, Waitrose for me ;-)

Ah but not all Celica owners are celica-club members so they may see it as just a car, and the Celica doors are bloody long.

i parked next to a gen 5 4ws (the only 1 other than mine ive ever seen) the other day with the occupant still in the car. Congratulated him on good taste in cars and i got a look like i'd just plowed his mother. Very odd. Can safely say he aint a member on here!

there is at least 30 celicas round my way, about 80% of them gen 7s and half of them dont even realise 1 there is a club dedicated to them and two there was 6 models prior to theres. think the same goes for most of the 6s and 5s tbh lol with the exception they know there is either 1 or 2 newer shape models up than theirs lol

i never take for granted a fellow celica driver (when i had my celica) was in the same mid frame as me with being careful of others cars. to prove a point the guy who lives about 4 doors up for me has a 140 and he is a total knob head lol

Edited by Dan23

We Can't all afford to get a mortgage to shop there Arizona ;) and Planc, I meant as in family sticking together! as in the celica s :/ Admittedly I do flash every celica I pass, got a wave and flash from a red gen7 monday I think it was. Then yesterday I flashed, to get the "who the fook are you"look. Mind you, when they got closer she was about 60! :/

Edited by LeeW

You've got to admit though the gen 6 does still look the best.

I've got to admit when the 6 was launched everyone in the dealership wondered why they couldn't design a car like the Prelude, techs through to sales. It has grown on me though.

gen 6 looks a little like a merc from the front with all those lights...... (jk) thats why i prefer the 7 ;)

Edited by LeeW

Thats why Mr T had to make excuses for the gen 7...

"Celica - It looks fast"

General public... "shame its not!"

Still a good ad though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xu-LdnIe8

Erm yeah, 140 quicker than ST, 190 quicker than the GT and the GT4 was was created to compete in the World Rally Championship, whose regulations dictate that a manufacturer must build road going versions of the vehicle in sufficient numbers, as Toyota was banned from the WRC for an illegal turbo restrictor design they moved into the F1 where road going versions are not needed.

I do have appreciation for all Celica models, even the boxy Gen3 has some appeal.

:lol:

Easy now... bet you said that all in one breath, didn't you? :o :o :lol:

I like 'em all too. Pretty sure most of us on here do.

I could say something like if you go jap things look a little different -

SS1 138bhp just a quick as G7 140,

SS3 198bhp probably quicker than a G7 190...

But that would be argumentative.

Not to mention childish.

So I won't.

Ooops. :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by Adex

If i park next to one when shopping i can usually rest easy that no door is going to be smacked into it, that side at least :D

Tesco's? pah, Waitrose for me ;-)

LOL! Stephen Fry once said "Thank heavens for Tesco's, keeps the scum out of Waitrose" :lol:

Absolute LEG-END of a car.

It was one of 4 UK time-attack cars that were invited to take part in a round of the Jap time-attack.

IIRC it suffered an engine failure, only to have another (albeit standard spec) 3S-GTE that another team lent them installed overnight!

Set some pretty good times considering!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.