How many Celicas?

Gstraw

excuse the ignorance but what is the difference between a 190 and a GT

The GT had the TRD spoiler and skirts and I'm pretty sure it had the lowered suspension. Also had alcantara seats and different gear knob. Oh forgot about the Tech 5 alloys as well.

Edited by Damian1985

Usually when cars are individually numbered they are something extra special as in engine, tuned parts, etc which the sports m has, not just cosmetic changes like the GT. Still some decent bragging rights though, pretty limited edition.

Edited by i_broke

it sounds plausable but still would like to see some evidence to confirm.

:(

Mr T should have numbered them as they were the last few real Gen 7s that came off the line especially if they were so limited. I thought they must have made a few thousand so if its less that 1000 then even more reason to number them.

Some Hard evidence soon please Gstraw! :(

• 8 months later...

What the hell is a GT-4 L.E, what ever they are there aren't many left

And i can't work out which is the Gen 5 & 6 GT

I assumed "limited edition"... I did think it might have been 185 RC/CS, but there's more than 1 or 2 of them around!

By looking at the quantities and dates, I figured GT-4 was ST205, GT4 Turbo was ST185 and GT-Four was ST165. GT 2.0 would be the ST202 and GT the ST182. But I guess its just down to however DVLA recorded them at time of registration.

• 3 months later...

thread revival!

ive emailed the Head office again to get the official letter with the numbers- hotmail deleted ALL my inbox last year but kept my "sent items" so i was able to get my reference number from there.

she said they dont have a record of the number of them- maybe just the dates they were "born" lol

anyways ive asked her if we can give the cars chassis number can she tell us what date they were made/ the number they were from the factory? surely manufacturers number their cars though i.e "today we rolled out 5 celica gt's and their chassis numbers are....." surely they must keep a record for their own accounts?

aybe Planc might be of assistance since he works at Toyota?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.