Help Required, Essential Show Camping Equipment

As usual, i am completely unprepared for show season, but as this is my first year going to shows, i have absolutely no camping gear what so ever

So if any of you seasoned show goers could let me know what i should be getting, then that would be great

Also, what sort of tent should i be looking at, i only need it for myself so i don't need anything massive, but should i be looking at a pop up, single skinned, double skinned etc (links would be appreciated, preferable somewhere i can go pick one up as i might be cutting it fine ordering one off the internet)

Which show you going to? If you're passing you can just borrow my stuff to save buying it all :lol:

Heres a little list of what you might need -

---Tent wise---

Pegs

Hammer

Guide Ropes

Ground Sheet

Torch/LED lamps

Sleeping bag

Airbed w/ pump

Cushions/Pillows

---Misc---

Bucket w/ car cleaning products

Headache Tablets (if you're drinking heavy while there)

Energy Drinks

Camping chairs

Gazebo/Umbrella

Toothbrush

Deodorant

---Food Wise---

Disposable BBQs

Gas stove w/ spare gas

Cups (+ Flasks)

Plates (paper etc)

Cutlery (Plastic forks, cooking utensils etc)

Napkins (Tissues, kitchen roll)

Coolbox (Fill it with ice and you practically have a freezer for the weekend)

Washing up liquid (if you plan to re-use plates/cups)

Saucepan

Kettle (not electric, of course)

All your foods - Sauces (ketchup etc), Bread, cooking oil etc

Wow, that's a comprehensive list, cheers

Well my first show is YMS, but it is only camping over for one night on the Saturday, and then the show on the Sunday

I have just been looking at Festival tents, are they any good, or should i be looking at something with a double skin

Ok

-Tent - Double layer in case it pisses down, for comfort I would go for at least a 2 man but probably a 3 man so you can get all your stuff in it as well.

-Camping fold up chair

-Blow up bed

-pillow

-duvet - it gets VERY cold on nights, even in the middle of summer

-Torch

-mallet

-BBQ, a cheap £10 one from Asda/Tescos - will last you all year or buy disposable ones but a proper one will cook better and you will get use out of it. If you get a proper little one then you can buy the instant lite bags, very quick and handy and no messing around.

-Other cooking items, camping stove etc if not into bbqing

-cooking utensils

-Plates, cutlery, glass,mug (plastic)

-Food inclusing snacks likes crips, biscuits etc

-Drink

-Clothes, cool and warm and a waterproof jacket

-Toiletries

-loo roll/kitchen roll

-Car cleaning products

Thats about it really

Edited by CelicaBabe

me ?

tent ( double skinned as a minimum )

airbed and pump ( a double )

sleeping bag or rob the bedding from home , bring pillows either way

lantern ( couple of pound shop specials do the job )

cooker plus fuel , presently using/recommend £12 case from wilkinsons , dont forget to get canisters

camping set , from 15 quid , you get plates , pots , a kettle , knifes and forks everything you need , mines a picnic hamper with a cooking set in it

cool box , £8 from asda at the moment

decent chair ( £15)

camping table ( £20 asda )

thats all the rest you rape from home

Pop up tents save a lot of hassle, especially if you're only camping somewhere for one night. You don't want to spend most of your time erecting (oo-er) your accommodation if you're going to have to then take it down again the next day! I've just bought a pop up 2-man (as in spacious two man, not two midget!) one from Blacks, half price down to £30. I think this is it.

Cleaning wipes (i.e. flash wipes and the likes) are also on my essentials list too, saves having to faff with washing stuff when you can just give it a wipe clean. Again useful if you're only doing one night somewhere.

I'd say my essentials for a one nighter would be:

- Tent (as above, small/quick one)

- Sleeping bag, maybe inflatable matress or groundsheet

- Food - its good to include the odd item that doesn't need cooking in case you CBA. Hot cross buns are a favourite of mine, last a few days and make a good snack or breakfast B)

- Drink - plenty of water, especially if its going to be hot

- Cooking stove (& gas), kettle (& tea & milk!), utensils

- Cleaning wipes

- Squaddywash

- Lamp/torch

- Camping chair

- Suntan lotion if you're going anywhere in the summer months; even if its cloudy you can still burn.

Maybe a few other bits and bobs depending on where you're going and what the weather is like, but IMO thats the basics. I wouldn't bother so much with cutlery and plates etc for a short stay, really not worth it (man up and use your hands :lol:). Mind you I don't really bother with car cleaning stuff either, but again that depends on the events you go to I guess!

Edited by Razorjack

forget the air bed just go down to your local fishing tackle shop and but yourself a carp bed that way your higher off the floor and they are mor comfi :D and they fit in the 5`s boot easy and then you also dont have to spend ages blowing up or getting the air out of it everytime you use it :P

Edited by carlasumm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.