Opinions please

Right ... having met some of the club and seen their cars, then seen the pics from RS, it occurs to me that a lot of what I'm thinking of doin to mine has already been done elsewhere black bonnet etc.

Soooooo ... at the risk of being banished from the club forever lol, can i ask your opinions ?

Firstly, as some of you know I'm also a biker, and a Huge Barry Sheene fan (pics in house, Sheene rep Arai helmet etc), ... well Barry also had a short stint in BTCC and he actually drove a Toyota ... (Bare with me I'm getting there).

What are your views on a 'Sheene Tribute' colour scheme, could it be pulled off ?

and as a final note would wearing my helmet when driving be taking things way too far (only joking lol)

post-31736-0-57568800-1305029801_thumb.jpg

I thought you would be making it more like this

post-18594-0-96406000-1305034156_thumb.jpg

you seem to be taking the bike colour pallet instead

well spotted, thing is if I followed the BTCC colour scheme (which I'm not a real fan of)no one would realise what I've done, whereas the old heron suzuki colours are immediately recognisable, hence the 'tribute' rather than 'rep' .... 10/10 for checking that out though :)

well spotted, thing is if I followed the BTCC colour scheme (which I'm not a real fan of)no one would realise what I've done, whereas the old heron suzuki colours are immediately recognisable, hence the 'tribute' rather than 'rep' .... 10/10 for checking that out though :)

No problem, i agree with you, go with bike colour scheme just take the sponsors off the BTCC I think

Well think it looks cool ie the colours the scheme suits the car etc.....but as also a biker the #7 & that scheme should only be on a bike :o

That said probalby only bikers/shene fans would even realize & it does look cool :)

just an my personal opinion you understand :D:lol:

Well think it looks cool ie the colours the scheme suits the car etc.....but as also a biker the #7 & that scheme should only be on a bike :o

That said probalby only bikers/shene fans would even realize & it does look cool :)

just an my personal opinion you understand :D:lol:

Know exactly what you mean which is why I chose A 7 rather than THE 7 lol

I like the look of that Steve, not sure what lines you would follow for the yellow on the nose, but the bonnet and spoiler look really nice

was thinking of following the lines around the recess for the main beam then run over to meet the bottom of the recess for high beam then along the line on the bumper where it actually begins to drop rather than slope ... if that makes sense lol

Right ... having met some of the club and seen their cars, then seen the pics from RS, it occurs to me that a lot of what I'm thinking of doin to mine has already been done elsewhere black bonnet etc.

Soooooo ... at the risk of being banished from the club forever lol, can i ask your opinions ?

Firstly, as some of you know I'm also a biker, and a Huge Barry Sheene fan (pics in house, Sheene rep Arai helmet etc), ... well Barry also had a short stint in BTCC and he actually drove a Toyota ... (Bare with me I'm getting there).

What are your views on a 'Sheene Tribute' colour scheme, could it be pulled off ?

and as a final note would wearing my helmet when driving be taking things way too far (only joking lol)

At the risk of going against the grain, I really don't like that. I think the Castrol stickers look far better. But...hope I'm wrong, things in real life always look better than a quick MS paint job don't they! Good luck with it.

At the risk of going against the grain, I really don't like that. I think the Castrol stickers look far better. But...hope I'm wrong, things in real life always look better than a quick MS paint job don't they! Good luck with it.

Boo, Hiss, shame on you, roflmao .... Nah ... ALL comments appreciated m8, I'll be honest I'm really surprised at the positive reaction so far.

I do like the Castrol and considered it, but again, its already been done, Im after something that will hopefully make people stop for a second and think 'Hey, that's different' :)

I think the design itself could be wicked if fine tuned, just not sold on the colour combination if I'm honest. Reckon the Toyota and Texaco would look great if arced around the arches and maybe have the 7 without the yellow box. I'd probably go all mental and have the red bonnet fade into the yellow with a nice gradient change! But that's my opinion isn't it haha...like I said, stuff always looks way more impressive in real life in comparison to edited photos.

Get a high level spoiler, maybe a GT4 bumper and bonnet then get that colour scheme done. I think it would look great!

wouldn't it just :) .... but I haven't seen a bonnet for less than £200, nay mind bumper and high level spoiler and the bumper and spoiler would need to be white or there's the added expense of spraying prior to the vinyl .... and at the end of the day its 'only'(in inverted comma's so as not to offend anyone with a lookalike)a GT4 lookalike then, rather actually do it to a GT4 if I was thinking that route but finances certainly wont stretch to that at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.