need a trolley jack and stands

Hi

I need a new trolley jack and axel stands, bought one from argos a while back, but after i had used it a couple of times i was in argos buying shelves etc and saw on the wall a recall notice for the set as the axel stands were prone to failure O_O (yes they could have given way at anytime with the wheel off and me under it with only my body stopping the car hitting the ground and damaging my fragile fibreglass bumper.. im sure i would have been fine though :P)

anyways, it doesnt need to be able to lift a tank of anything, but i dont want to die either, something liek this do the job:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2TON-HYDRAULIC-FLOOR-TROLLEY-JACK-PAIR-3T-AXLE-STANDS-/140502318799?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item20b6973ecf

unless someone can reccomend a better one, or if any member in the Kent area has a spare one they want rid of...

holla back

Do you a link to the ones recalled by argos as thats where i bought mine! :o

edit: Just found it, will take it back for sure now! Of all the things to have a recall on, something that is holding 1.5 tonnes above someone. :(

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/productRecalls.htm#JackKit

Edited by wilbo83

if beaver road is the one that goes past the fish and chip shop "marinos" then indeed it was. was it you in the gen 7, grey wheels, red calipers with white "celica" decals on them? saw the car had club stickers on the rear quater window so gave the driver "the nod" :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Low-Profile-Aluminium-LED-Racing-Trolley-Jack-1-5-Ton-/260756933565?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3cb6530bbd

I got this, very handy low profile one due to my car being slammed and kitted. most garages wont touch my car, so do it all my own.

As for axel stands i got these.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_253949_categoryId_165727_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_List_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PLPz1

All been great so far, and the LED's in the jack are really usefull!!!

leds on the jack is well clever, £85 is a bit pricey though O_o

i have the same problem with my car, although the suspension hasnt been altered (yet) my car wont go up ramps as the front bumper is so low, so i have to use a garage that has a pit.

Yeah was a bit pricey, but i like it!!

I do know some garages that i can go to. REWorx in portsmouth has a lift thats dropped into the floor so its same level, also FCM in Bristol, and various other places.

i got this jack from ebay, 2 ton low profile 80mm clearance if your car is lowered, and it was a very respectable price, it held my car up for two days and also jacked my old mans caddy van with tools in the back fine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/German-Unitec-Low-Profile-2-Ton-Hydrualic-Car-Jack-/270686635823?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3f062e472f

Word of advice for anyone using jacks and axle stands and going under the car - once your wheel is off - stick it under the car - that way if your axle stand or jack gives up - or even your sill gives in - your wheel will stop it landing on you

Word of advice for anyone using jacks and axle stands and going under the car - once your wheel is off - stick it under the car - that way if your axle stand or jack gives up - or even your sill gives in - your wheel will stop it landing on you

good advice, something i always do, also saves you from damaging your car if it falls off the jack or stands

I always do :thumbs: Safety first in my game!!!

id got for a low jack tbh, these kits are great but go low and most of the time you find yourself having to run the wheels up a bit of wood or similar, my car is lowered 40mm and a normal jack wont fit under my car, hence the reason i opted for a low profile jack. something to think about when buying your trolley jacks

id got for a low jack tbh, these kits are great but go low and most of the time you find yourself having to run the wheels up a bit of wood or similar, my car is lowered 40mm and a normal jack wont fit under my car, hence the reason i opted for a low profile jack. something to think about when buying your trolley jacks

Mine is slammed and i find it hard to jack mine up from the sides even with my low profile jack, takes some jiggery pokery, or just slid it in from the back :lol: and jack it up off the rear cross member, or from ther front tow point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.