Custom number plate slogan

RoryK

Its stupid how now you need the issuer place and crap on the reg number lol, my sis has her name there as her reg is n111 cng (niiic ng) then her name in the bottom text bit and shes only been told off about the gap from the c to the ng so you will get away with it :)

..unless the police is a nob.. :lol:

I've made plates in the past with the club web address on them, I believe the name of the company who has created the plates must be on the bottom by law so the authorities have a point of contact if the plates are illegal but I’ve never know it to get past the driver / owner of the vehicle to get done, as long as the plates look sensible I don’t think it matters what you have on the bottom. For years I had "Up ya bum!" on the bottom of one of my bike plates, always broke the ice and caused a giggle or two lol. Dorris

As far as I can see, there's no regulation that prevents you having extra text around the edge of the plate, as long as the required margins around the reg. no. itself, and the manufacturer's details, are in place.

A quick guide:

http://www.theplatemarket.com/display_of_registration_numbers.php

The relevant legislation:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/561/contents/made

Personally, I think CCUK should be flogging plastic number plate surrounds, like our friends in Poland do ...

PICT1484.jpg

Angus

If you have ANYTHING but the postcode of who made the plates, your plate is illegal and hense 'show plates'

Mine has a GB logo on it at one end in front of the number. Does that make it illegal?

Mine has a GB logo on it at one end in front of the number. Does that make it illegal?

It's optional to have either GB or EU within the star circle. I've got the Saltire on mine. We Scots love to advertise who we are and where we come from...........LoL, just so some foreign Johnny does not mix me up for English etc, when I stray south of the Border.

391899389.jpg

This was taken at a Scottish/English Border crossing with the English side at my rear.

Edited by GreyRacer

It's optional to have either GB or EU within the star circle. I've got the Saltire on mine. We Scots love to advertise who we are and where we come from...........LoL, just so some foreign Johnny does not mix me up for English etc, when I stray south of the Border.

391899389.jpg

This was taken at a Scottish/English Border crossing with the English side at my rear.

I was looking at putting the Toyota TRD symbol on mine, Mint looking car aswell mate! Nice and clean!

Its stupid how now you need the issuer place and crap on the reg number lol, my sis has her name there as her reg is n111 cng (niiic ng) then her name in the bottom text bit and shes only been told off about the gap from the c to the ng so you will get away with it :)

..unless the police is a nob.. :lol:

:unsure:

so what's her name?

Niiic Ng ?

i deal with quite a few people with the surname 'Ng', but never seen a person called 'Niiic' before :laugh2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.