3D 4 wheel laser alignment

Had mine done at FCM today. What an awesome bit of kit that is!! And as for the results, I haven't had it checked since I bought it over a year ago, but the front toe was 3* one side -2.5* the other, no wonder she pulled to the right!! Every wheel was out of check in camber and toe. She's now tracking straight and true, what a difference!!!

31ff1349.jpg

8d4e0c5a.jpg

Cracking job much appreciated. :thumbs:

Matt

Edited by splinter

In deed Mr splinter, after they fitted the Bushes I had the 3D wheel alignment, my wheels were shot to fook, the handling after that was like driving a different car.......

People really should get this done....

Should of PM'd me I would of popped down!

Edited by bigstring

This is £50 for club members, normal price to Joe public is £80.

worth every penny :thumbs: and as mentioned, it fells sooooo diferent now all the wheels point in the right direction :hysterical:

And Lee, im actually from portsmouth. But my GF Nurse Amy from on here lives in frome, and uses FCM regularly, she recormended them to me. Top blokes there. :D

yea i did get mine done a while ago for £40 summin, i now have mine dropped to the floor so dout ill get on many ramps, do you think i will be able to get on theres as i go to uni in bristol

Yep not a problem mate, all their ramps are sunk into pits so its flush level with the floor to drive onto.

And these cheapo 4 wheel laser jobs, are they the same as this set up, the silver huge cross infront of my car is the laser device, it has a laser for each side, with recievers that sit on each wheel. its acurate to 0.01 of a degree. and get a full print out out of all angles and degrees before and after alignment, and you get to watch them do it, and he explained it all properly. was really good. For £80 id say its a bit steep, but was happy with £50. Top job and some proper cool equipment.

Edited by splinter

Yep not a problem mate, all their ramps are sunk into pits so its flush level with the floor to drive onto.

And these cheapo 4 wheel laser jobs, are they the same as this set up, the silver huge cross infront of my car is the laser device, it has a laser for each side, with recievers that sit on each wheel. its acurate to 0.01 of a degree. and get a full print out out of all angles and degrees before and after alignment, and you get to watch them do it, and he explained it all properly. was really good. For £80 id say its a bit steep, but was happy with £50. Top job and some proper cool equipment.

They dont get it younge Splinter.......

4 wheel laser alignment can bedone anywere and I can get it done free, and do every 3 months, had it done 5 weeks before getting this 3D Computer Alignment done, my wheels were buckled and shot to bits with my tyres almost bold on the inside the laser alignment never picked that up, just lined them up with the front ones......

IMG00553-20110326-152400002-1.jpg

4 wheel laser alignment can bedone anywere and I can get it done free, and do every 3 months, had it done 5 weeks before getting this 3D Computer Alignment done, my wheels were buckled and shot to bits with my tyres almost bold on the inside the laser alignment never picked that up, just lined them up with the front ones......

My little diagram of FCM's 3D 4-Wheel laser set up:

Laseralignment.png

Its not one of these laser device that hangs off the rears pointing to a scale on the front wheels, this thing is high tech!!!

IMG00553-20110326-152400002-1.jpg

Where else can you get a 3D computer alignment done? are you meaning that the computer alignment picked up things the laser never so its better to get the 3D Computer alignment done?

Where else can you get a 3D computer alignment done? are you meaning that the computer alignment picked up things the laser never so its better to get the 3D Computer alignment done?

Yeah, the lasers are connected to a computer and aligned them all against your set limits, then realtime shows you the positions so it can be adjusted purfectly. as said, cracking bit of kit, and highly acurate. ill be using this more often when tinkering with anything drivetrain/suspension related.

And to be honest, i have never seen something like this anywhere round my way in Pompey :shrug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.