few days work on the car

right well i got my Meister R coilovers and so on Monday i set to work fitting them. Can i just say; what a bit of kit they are, Love them. Fronts went straight on but the rears were a twat as i had to cut the drop links off :( not too much of a problem, ordered up a new set and got them all fitted and finished today. I am amazed in how much you can adjust the dampers. Soft to hard feels like two different cars. I have set them as low as i can and maximum camber. Looks so good. Went for a drive and don’t really get any rubbing. Not sure how long I will have it like this as it is a bumpy drive. Will keep it for jap fest though :)

Right second job, replacing the disks as i have been getting a little wheel wobble when braking. not that i think it is actually the disk but i had the chance to try another set of disk at no cost so i went and started replacing them, got all finished, dropped it to the floor and went to tighten the nuts up (with a torque wrench) and i only went and rounded off a stud. Been in contact with freaky parts and am going to have to buy a new wheels spacer. The only thing i can think that may have caused it was when i removed the wheels after i had new tyres on the nuts were on bloody tight. Think they use the air guns so they may have weakened the thread then. Just sux as i alllllllway use a torque wrench.

So now i can’t see if the new disks have cured the wheels wobble and i also can’t go play with the new suspension. Not a good day :(

Just a knob question... Is impact gun only be avoided for those light or alloy nuts? So if you have a still nuts then it should be fine? :blush:

nout actually to do with the nut in this case. the thread had stripped in the spacer which is made from aluminium. but in general you will be better off if you are running steel nuts if someone uses an air gun. BUT you can still strip the thread if overdone

Just drive with four nuts! :P I've driven with three before and it's fine! Just don't corner too hard... :P

i cant, wheels wont fit over my BBK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.